FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » External resources » Arbitrary precision library
icon5.gif  Arbitrary precision library [message #18477] Fri, 03 October 2008 00:08 Go to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi,
I want to use some arbitrary precision math library in my application, but I've never really used any. It would be great if somebody with more experiences could give me some hints which one to choose. Did anybody tried to use any AP lib with Upp? Or even integrate it as a package?
I'm thinking about GMP, MAPM or CLN - those look best and/or easiest to use to me...
Thanks in advance for any experiences or hints,
Honza
Re: Arbitrary precision library [message #18533 is a reply to message #18477] Tue, 07 October 2008 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello dolik

I am going to begin a scientific application in U++ and perhaps this could be useful.

I have also not used any of these libraries or other so I do not know which one to choose.

Perhaps it would be interesting to choose one:

- Efficient
- With an open license
- Easy to understand
- Linked to other libraries to do things like matrix arithmetic and numerical methods.

Well, any more opinions?.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: Arbitrary precision library [message #22827 is a reply to message #18533] Thu, 20 August 2009 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

koldo wrote on Tue, 07 October 2008 09:59

Hello dolik

I am going to begin a scientific application in U++ and perhaps this could be useful.

I have also not used any of these libraries or other so I do not know which one to choose.

Perhaps it would be interesting to choose one:

- Efficient
- With an open license
- Easy to understand
- Linked to other libraries to do things like matrix arithmetic and numerical methods.

Well, any more opinions?.

Best regards
Koldo

In base of opinion of web users, GMP seems the best solution. It uses interesting optimization algorithms for big number operation.

Ion lupascu(tojocky)

[Updated on: Thu, 20 August 2009 14:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Arbitrary precision library [message #22830 is a reply to message #22827] Thu, 20 August 2009 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

tojocky wrote on Thu, 20 August 2009 13:19

In base of opinion of web users, GMP seems the best solution. It uses interesting optimization algorithms for big number operation.

Hi, Ion

I thought this thread was dead for almost a year Smile Anyway, thanks for your opinion... I actually never started with the application, it stayed only on drawing board. But it might be useful for future, I'll definitely keep GMP in mind.

Honza
Re: Arbitrary precision library [message #22833 is a reply to message #22830] Fri, 21 August 2009 08:38 Go to previous message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

dolik.rce wrote on Thu, 20 August 2009 19:01

Hi, Ion

I thought this thread was dead for almost a year Smile Anyway, thanks for your opinion... I actually never started with the application, it stayed only on drawing board. But it might be useful for future, I'll definitely keep GMP in mind.

Honza

In this forum many threads dead, because it is not so populate. But the concept of U++ project is very interesting. Answers of the unclear question you can find on the other forums... and after then put here result of your job.
In this case, together, we can develop a very powerful instrument.

Thanks to Mirek and to all contributors for the great job.
Ion Lupascu (tojocky)
Previous Topic: C++DBC C++ DataBase Connectivity
Next Topic: how to build the samples with VS2008?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:11:42 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02315 seconds