Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » how to rebuild TheIDE on Win32?
how to rebuild TheIDE on Win32? [message #19777] Sat, 17 January 2009 01:57 Go to next message
pvozenilek is currently offline  pvozenilek
Promising Member
Could someone point me to a detailed, step by step, description how to build the IDE from the fresh SVN sources? (I do have 2008.1 installed.) It has been some time since I played with the tool so the more idiotenfest description the the better.
Re: how to rebuild TheIDE on Win32? [message #19778 is a reply to message #19777] Sat, 17 January 2009 08:32 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Get fresh sources. trunk/uppsrc contains U++ library and theide.

Start theide.

Now click on the left "Assembly" pane. Rightclick, choose "New".

To the "Package nests" fill the path to uppsrc from svn (e.g. "c:\uppsrc.svn"). "Output...." fill any nice output path (should not be the same as the path for 2008.1 uppsrc). "Assembly" - fill "uppsrc.svn".

Click OK. Make sure "uppsrc.svn" is selected. In the right pane, choose "ide", "OK".

Then make sure you build in optimal mode - it is not necesarry to build theide of course, debug mode works as well, but optimal is shorter and faster... There is a combo box (DropList) with left and right drop buttons in the toolbar. Click the right button and choose Optimal.

Then click the bomb in the toolbar. (that is "rebuild all").

It should build. Then, if you are in win32, you can choose "Build/Open output directory" to fetch the result. Replace theide.exe in your upp directory. I recommend keeping existing theide.exe (that is, 2008.1 version) under different name.

Note: You might want to use current U++ library too. You can do this by putting it to appropriate assemblies - without much further explanation, try e.g. right clicking Edit on MyApps in the initial theide dialog.

Good luck.

Mirek
Previous Topic: No more graphic display after installing UPP
Next Topic: Print.cpp compile error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:36:52 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01053 seconds