FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » The debugger crashed
The debugger crashed [message #20120] Thu, 19 February 2009 14:21 Go to next message
screw is currently offline  screw
Hi!

I'm new in the ultimate++. I wrote simple program with a button and I would like to debug it.
But after breakpoint of the callback of button the CPU usage went up 100 percent and the IDE didn't respont.

My operating system is Win XP sp3.

(And my other problem, under compilation the memory usage is too high about 300-400MB. It is OK?)

Thank you.
Re: The debugger crashed [message #20121 is a reply to message #20120] Thu, 19 February 2009 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
MINGW? Did you wait long enough (couple of minutes) if the debug will recover and stop at the breakpoint? (Debugging with TheIDE+MINGW under WinXP is total pain)

The memory usage during compilation looks ok to me.

Maybe you should try MSCC, if it's possible for you, U++ supports the debugging a bit better with it.
Other way is to use more LOG() and similar things to debug application without debugger.
Re: The debugger crashed [message #20122 is a reply to message #20120] Thu, 19 February 2009 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
And honestly, I strongly suggest to write code without bugs at first place. Saves lot of time and nerves later. Wink
(unit testing and test driven development helps a bit with this, but even with them when you hit some ugly bug, you will truly regret it... and I have no good advice in such case, it's simply pain of being a software developer. But it will help to catch many little bugs very early and with minimal effort. If you work in old fashion and you are not pure genius, those little bugs will quickly get very costly and tedious.)
Re: The debugger crashed [message #20123 is a reply to message #20121] Thu, 19 February 2009 16:14 Go to previous message
screw is currently offline  screw
Thank you your advice.

I use MINGW.

"write code without bugs at first place"

This line may become the programmers motto. Wink

Previous Topic: irc client
Next Topic: workspace-like package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 11:00:55 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01883 seconds