Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Can you please help with translation specs?
Can you please help with translation specs? [message #20374] Sun, 15 March 2009 21:13 Go to next message
klrkt is currently offline  klrkt
Promising Member
As I understand it, we start with I18NCtrlLayoutTest.exe

Exporting the en for example yields these 3 included files.
// CtrlLib/CtrlLib.t
// CtrlCore/CtrlCore.t
// Core/Core.t

However the translations below had additional files.
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=3821& amp;start=0&
// CtrlLib/CtrlLib.t
// Web/Web.t
// RichEdit/RichEdit.t
// GridCtrl/GridCtrl.t
// Oracle/Oracle.t
// CtrlCore/CtrlCore.t
// Core/Core.t

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=154 05&&srch=translation#msg_15405

// CtrlLib/CtrlLib.t
// SqlCtrl/SqlCtrl.t
// CtrlCore/CtrlCore.t
// Core/Core.t
// Report/Report.t

So Question #1. Why cannot ALL translations be in one ".t" file?
OR in the alternative, will my translation be used, as long as I iniclude a ".t" file? (Which is perhaps the same question....) &={}

Question #2 on translation.
How do you expect lines below to be translated?
Some languages are problematic
e.g. arabic and chinese(simplified)
It looks like these may work as I expect, but can you offer a perhaps more educated guess?
[A3* Creating directory failed !&&],
[ 3号*创建目录失败!&&],
[A3* Creating directory failed !&&], [* A3 فشل إنشاء الدليل!&&]،

Then also there are the two below - which I noticed were not tranlated in the submissions(messages) above.
date-filter\aA/\a .-,
date-scan\amdy

Question #3
Are the common expectation of these translations, stated somewhere?
e.g. Items like directives and placeholders should not be included in the translation
examples for chinese(simplified) and arabic

Append %s,
附加的% s
ارفاق المستندات ٪ ،

I am preparing some very extensive tranlations, so it would be useful to get some direction, clarification, before I go too far down the wrong road...
Re: Can you please help with translation specs? [message #20387 is a reply to message #20374] Mon, 16 March 2009 10:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Have you read this?

http://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$Core$Translating$en-us.html

Other than that, U++ so far does not support RTL languages. But CJK should be no problem. (We already have zhCN and zhTW translations).

Mirek
Re: Can you please help with translation specs? [message #20398 is a reply to message #20374] Mon, 16 March 2009 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
ehmm, yes I have read that link.
Re: Can you please help with translation specs? [message #20404 is a reply to message #20398] Tue, 17 March 2009 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
klrkt wrote on Mon, 16 March 2009 18:32

ehmm, yes I have read that link.

Well, I believe not, because the first part of your message seems to deal with problems that are not met in the process described there.

More specifically, nowhere you are going to produce "I18NCtrlLayoutTest.exe" in the process and AllForI18n should use all packages with the need of translations - at least in theory, it is possible that as U++ always evolves, some packages might be forgotten for particular development iteration... But AllForI18n is your starting point.

Mirek
Re: Can you please help with translation specs? [message #20420 is a reply to message #20374] Tue, 17 March 2009 23:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
My mistake I cut and pasted I18NCtrlLayoutTest.exe
However please note that I had written "Exporting the en for example yields these 3 included files."

Exporting being the key phrase.
Of course a small mistake can easily lead to misunderstanding.

So to be perfectly clear - I started with AllForI18n and used "Project, Export and as previously stated selected the "en" language.
I also exported 2 other languages to confirm the process.
In all case I ended up with these 3 included files.
// CtrlLib/CtrlLib.t
// CtrlCore/CtrlCore.t
// Core/Core.t

However the translations I referenced in the message links, had additional files.
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=3821& amp; amp;start=0&
// CtrlLib/CtrlLib.t
// Web/Web.t
// RichEdit/RichEdit.t
// GridCtrl/GridCtrl.t
// Oracle/Oracle.t
// CtrlCore/CtrlCore.t
// Core/Core.t

http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=154 05&&srch=translation#msg_15405

// CtrlLib/CtrlLib.t
// SqlCtrl/SqlCtrl.t
// CtrlCore/CtrlCore.t
// Core/Core.t
// Report/Report.t

So this is the point I would like someone to address, please.

My question did not relate to RTL language support, but thank you for addressing it, as it too requires some direction.

Re: Can you please help with translation specs? [message #20421 is a reply to message #20420] Tue, 17 March 2009 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, I have just tried the very same thing and I got complete .tr file with all .t files there.

At this point, hard to say what is wrong. It is worth checking whether you can see those files in package/files list.

Mirek
Re: Can you please help with translation specs? [message #20433 is a reply to message #20374] Wed, 18 March 2009 12:37 Go to previous message
Promising Member
alright, I will reinstall the works

thanks
Previous Topic: Russian tr file for SVN 963
Next Topic: Spanish translation for 2008.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:51:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02967 seconds