FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » Application error under WindowsXP
Application error under WindowsXP [message #20840] Mon, 13 April 2009 18:04 Go to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi all,

I have developped an application using U++ based on mysql interface. This application links to the MySql server (v. 5.0) installed on a Windows server 2003 machine. The client PCs execute queries through the libmysql.dll copied in their respective windows\system directory.

All is working perfectly on 5 machines running under windows XP pro service pack 2.

On 3 other machines from the same network, the application crashes as the user click on the button validating the user and password parameters. These machines run also under Windows XP pro service pack 2.

Is anybody has an idea ? a problem of Dlls ?

Thanking you in advance for reply

Regards

Biobytes
Re: Application error under WindowsXP [message #20857 is a reply to message #20840] Tue, 14 April 2009 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
BioBytes wrote on Mon, 13 April 2009 12:04

Hi all,

I have developped an application using U++ based on mysql interface. This application links to the MySql server (v. 5.0) installed on a Windows server 2003 machine. The client PCs execute queries through the libmysql.dll copied in their respective windows\system directory.

All is working perfectly on 5 machines running under windows XP pro service pack 2.

On 3 other machines from the same network, the application crashes as the user click on the button validating the user and password parameters. These machines run also under Windows XP pro service pack 2.

Is anybody has an idea ? a problem of Dlls ?

Thanking you in advance for reply

Regards

Biobytes

Have you tried to connect with something else to MySQL? (I mean, not your app, to test the connection is OK).

Mirek
Re: Application error under WindowsXP [message #20896 is a reply to message #20857] Thu, 16 April 2009 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you Mirek for your reply.

Yes the connection to the MySql server is ok on these 3 machines. I have tested it using a Java version of my application developped under Eclipse (Ganynmede).

The different queries are controlled in specific functions using their local MySqlSession object which is closed when the data are retrieved for other treatment. If I suppress the first connection to the database, the app does not crash and I get the possibility to access to other queries. The first I clicked on is working and as I closed it to ask for another, the program crashes again. I think it comes from MySqlSession objects : perhaps I misuse them but it does not explain why it worfs fine on the other 5 XP pro machines and 1 Windows 2000 Pro PC.

I join a bit of code (the first function to enter the database ("Papyrus") after clicking open connection item in the main menu.

Hoping this could be more helpful

Best regards
Biobytes
  • Attachment: code.txt
    (Size: 1.12KB, Downloaded 288 times)
Re: Application error under WindowsXP [message #20900 is a reply to message #20896] Thu, 16 April 2009 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
BioBytes wrote on Thu, 16 April 2009 06:29

Thank you Mirek for your reply.

Yes the connection to the MySql server is ok on these 3 machines. I have tested it using a Java version of my application developped under Eclipse (Ganynmede).

The different queries are controlled in specific functions using their local MySqlSession object which is closed when the data are retrieved for other treatment. If I suppress the first connection to the database, the app does not crash and I get the possibility to access to other queries. The first I clicked on is working and as I closed it to ask for another, the program crashes again. I think it comes from MySqlSession objects : perhaps I misuse them but it does not explain why it worfs fine on the other 5 XP pro machines and 1 Windows 2000 Pro PC.

I join a bit of code (the first function to enter the database ("Papyrus") after clicking open connection item in the main menu.

Hoping this could be more helpful

Best regards
Biobytes

Well, as first step, I would suggest LOGs or debugger to make sure it crashes in Connect....

I am afraid you will have to debug it on failing machines.

Mirek
Re: Application error under WindowsXP [message #20902 is a reply to message #20900] Fri, 17 April 2009 09:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mirek,

Yes I think you are right. I have another information concerning the 3 failing machines :

RealVNC sofware were installed on these machines but not on the 5 others that execute the U++ application perfectly.

I guess that RealVNC modify a dll or something like that and that could be an explanation of the problem. Desinstalling RealVNC does not eliminate the crash but I think that the modified dll(s) is (are) not discarded and replaced by the previous one(s) after desinstallation.

Do you information about RealVNC ?

Thank you for your help

Best regards

Biobytes
Re: Application error under WindowsXP [message #20903 is a reply to message #20902] Fri, 17 April 2009 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
BioBytes wrote on Fri, 17 April 2009 03:13

Do you information about RealVNC ?

Nope.

Mirek
Re: Application error under WindowsXP [message #20977 is a reply to message #20903] Thu, 23 April 2009 15:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Mirek for your support and interest in the problem I face to.

I guess I have to track the version dll difference between the correct machines and the failling ones.

I try to know if some dlls were modified by the installation of RealVNC (previously lnown as WinVNC) from the web but I found nothing really interesting.

Perhaps I can move all the dlls of the System32 directory from a correct machine to a failing one. Of course I will make a save of the configuration before proceedding the operation.

What do you think about this ?

Regards
Biobytes
Re: Application error under WindowsXP [message #20982 is a reply to message #20977] Thu, 23 April 2009 16:21 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
BioBytes wrote on Thu, 23 April 2009 09:16

Thanks Mirek for your support and interest in the problem I face to.

I guess I have to track the version dll difference between the correct machines and the failling ones.

I try to know if some dlls were modified by the installation of RealVNC (previously lnown as WinVNC) from the web but I found nothing really interesting.

Perhaps I can move all the dlls of the System32 directory from a correct machine to a failing one. Of course I will make a save of the configuration before proceedding the operation.

What do you think about this ?

Regards
Biobytes

Well, me, I would installed U++ on failing machine a started debugging.

Maybe you can just compare System32 content first?

Mirek
Previous Topic: Does SQLite is thread safe?
Next Topic: sql example with 2 table needed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:49:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00811 seconds