Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » Does SQLite is thread safe?
Does SQLite is thread safe? [message #20875] Wed, 15 April 2009 17:30 Go to next message
JoseB is currently offline  JoseB
Hi,
I am planning an upp aplication that will have a service for running in windows xp and a GUI console to administer that service. The service will use SQLite database. During execution will be the change that service is reading from database table and console is adding or editing records.
Does SQLite database supports this?
If not, which FREE database are you using for multiuser/multiprocess?

Thanks

JoseB
Re: Does SQLite is thread safe? [message #20878 is a reply to message #20875] Wed, 15 April 2009 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
JoseB wrote on Wed, 15 April 2009 11:30

Hi,
I am planning an upp aplication that will have a service for running in windows xp and a GUI console to administer that service. The service will use SQLite database. During execution will be the change that service is reading from database table and console is adding or editing records.
Does SQLite database supports this?
If not, which FREE database are you using for multiuser/multiprocess?

Thanks

JoseB

As long as you keep one session per one thread, I think you should be OK.

(More threads per one session are OK too, but you need to serialize then).

Mirek
Re: Does SQLite is thread safe? [message #20879 is a reply to message #20875] Wed, 15 April 2009 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Yes, if use of atomic transactions, SQLite guarantees non-different threads, and data integrity. (Read the documentation on www.sqlite.org).

Also states that in the case of atomic operations is guaranteed simultaneous multi-stations work and data integrity as if the traditional transaction were used.

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: Does SQLite is thread safe? [message #20884 is a reply to message #20879] Wed, 15 April 2009 20:12 Go to previous message
JoseB is currently offline  JoseB
in my case is not multi-thread but multi-process on the same OS, but i think it is the same for this matter.

JoseB
Previous Topic: '?' make errors
Next Topic: Application error under WindowsXP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 05:29:30 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02303 seconds