Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » To Save setup settings buttons
To Save setup settings buttons [message #1740] Fri, 17 March 2006 00:04 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
If I have open several instances of Ultimate++ and I want to change some settings then I have to close all the instances to save the settings. Annoying...
Re: To Save setup settings buttons [message #1742 is a reply to message #1740] Fri, 17 March 2006 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Thu, 16 March 2006 18:04

If I have open several instances of Ultimate++ and I want to change some settings then I have to close all the instances to save the settings. Annoying...

Indeed, however, what is the alternative?

OK, the only possibility is for each instance to periodically check the configuration files and load it when it changes, but that seems a little bit crazy to me... (too much work now for too little benefit).

Mirek
Re: To Save setup settings buttons [message #1745 is a reply to message #1742] Fri, 17 March 2006 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
What if just to save settings and then they are "in use" for the current instance and for all newly started instances?
Re: To Save setup settings buttons [message #1747 is a reply to message #1745] Fri, 17 March 2006 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Fri, 17 March 2006 06:00

What if just to save settings and then they are "in use" for the current instance and for all newly started instances?

Well, this might be a but better and also much more confusing, as each ide instance saves config at exit....

I would expect a lot of questions and bug reports "I have saved my settings, but it failed".

Mirek
Re: To Save setup settings buttons [message #1749 is a reply to message #1747] Fri, 17 March 2006 12:14 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Fri, 17 March 2006 11:11

fudadmin wrote on Fri, 17 March 2006 06:00

Well, this might be a but better and also much more confusing, as each ide instance saves config at exit....

I would expect a lot of questions and bug reports "I have saved my settings, but it failed".

Mirek

Then dissable the saving on exit. With optional choice.
Previous Topic: menubars get closed during compilation [BUG?]
Next Topic: Assertion in Debug.cpp:246 "nesting_depth == 0" [BUGS?]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 18:28:30 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02215 seconds