Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » Paste column in GridCtrl
Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23291] Wed, 07 October 2009 12:16 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello all

I like the GridCtrl Copy and Paste feature. It is very useful.

But I would like to know if it is possible to paste data from for example Calc or Excel to only one column or some of them but not begining from the first leftmost one.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23408 is a reply to message #23291] Sat, 17 October 2009 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello unodgs

Do you know if this is possible ?

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23412 is a reply to message #23408] Sat, 17 October 2009 22:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

koldo wrote on Sat, 17 October 2009 09:00

Hello unodgs

Do you know if this is possible ?

Best regards
Koldo

What you mean by pasting column exactly?
Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23414 is a reply to message #23412] Sat, 17 October 2009 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Uno

I mean, when I paste a column on to a GridCtrl it is pasted in the first column.

Is it possible to paste a column on a selected column different than the first one ?

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23418 is a reply to message #23414] Sun, 18 October 2009 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

koldo wrote on Sat, 17 October 2009 17:23

Hello Uno

I mean, when I paste a column on to a GridCtrl it is pasted in the first column.

Is it possible to paste a column on a selected column different than the first one ?

Best regards
Koldo

I'm still a bit confused Smile. My understanding of this is you have in clipboard all cells for given column stored and then you tries to paste it. If select row mode is not enabled you can start pasting from any row/column you want so there should not be a problem. Could you describe step by step what are you doing and in what mode grid ctrl is?
Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23420 is a reply to message #23418] Sun, 18 October 2009 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello unodgs

Is there a way to select a column so that it is possible to paste on that column ?

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23903 is a reply to message #23420] Thu, 03 December 2009 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Uno and Mirek

I would like to use GridCtrl or ArrayCtrl for an application that needs to select rows, columns or groups of cells like in an spreadsheet as in Excel or OpenOffice.

Do you know if it is possible to do it ?

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23904 is a reply to message #23903] Thu, 03 December 2009 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

In GridCtrl you can switch to cellmode:
grid.SelectRow(false);
geid.EditCell();

You can make rectangular selection then with ctrl key.
Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23907 is a reply to message #23904] Fri, 04 December 2009 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
unodgs wrote on Thu, 03 December 2009 23:46

In GridCtrl you can switch to cellmode:
grid.SelectRow(false);
geid.EditCell();

You can make rectangular selection then with ctrl key.

Hello Uno

Thank you for your response. I have applied but I get this:

index.php?t=getfile&id=2022&private=0

Row selection works well but column selection does the same (selections goes to the rightmost column and comes to the leftmost).

However copy and paste works well. Pasting a rectangluar selection from Excel is done perfectly. Smile

Best regards
Koldo
  • Attachment: Dib.PNG
    (Size: 10.09KB, Downloaded 479 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23910 is a reply to message #23907] Fri, 04 December 2009 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

I forgot to tell you need to enable multi selecting. Probably grid.Multiselect() - I don't remember exactely Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 04 December 2009 12:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23911 is a reply to message #23910] Fri, 04 December 2009 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Uno

Yes. Now it is possible to select rectangles Smile

Just a little bit more. Is it possible to select a row (by clicking on the header) or a column (by clicking on the indicator ?

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23912 is a reply to message #23911] Fri, 04 December 2009 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Not at the moment, but that's easy to implement. I'll try to add it.
Re: Paste column in GridCtrl [message #23913 is a reply to message #23912] Fri, 04 December 2009 21:46 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
Thank you!

Koldo

P.D.: Next in italics as I feel I am asking too much Rolling Eyes

Just to ask a little bit more... Now to select a rectangle it is necessary to click previously Ctrl key (no problem), but if, without releasing the Ctrl key, I change the selection with the mouse, the selection is changed, I mean:
1. Ctrl click
2. Mouse click of the left, top rectangle vertex. Ctrl remains clicked.
3. Mouse click of the right, bottom vertex. Ctrl remains clicked.
4. Mouse clicked again. Ctrl remains clicked. GridCtrl considers the 3. as the left, top rectangle vertex and 4. as the right, bottom vertex, instead of considering 2. the left, top and 4. the right, bottom, as Ctrl click has not been released yet

What do you think ?

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: Multiline popups in GridCtrl
Next Topic: Handle editable value in GridCtrl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:09:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02070 seconds