Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ MT-multithreading and servers » Socket through Proxy server
Socket through Proxy server [message #24159] Wed, 30 December 2009 10:53 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

I use Socket class for some network application which is working on p2p basis using TCP/IP.
Sometimes though user executes this app from within corporate LAN which is connected to Internet through corporate Proxy server.
How could I add proxy support for socket interactions? Could you please give a clue how to do that in U++?

[Updated on: Wed, 30 December 2009 10:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Socket through Proxy server [message #24166 is a reply to message #24159] Wed, 30 December 2009 17:57 Go to previous message
rylek is currently offline  rylek
Hello Mindtraveller (a nice name, by the way)!

I don't know about proxies with respect to the core TCP/IP protocol. I've only encountered proxy support with respect to the HTTP protocol. There is a slight variation of the request syntax when sending a HTTP client request through a proxy; the request is then sent to the IP address and port of the proxy and the original server address is contained on the first GET line of the request. The HttpClient class supports this mechanism.

Regards

Tomas
Previous Topic: MT app hangs
Next Topic: Socket::IsOpen BUG/FIX (?)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:53:15 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02779 seconds