Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » No texts rendered unless NOGTK flag is used
No texts rendered unless NOGTK flag is used [message #24534] Sat, 23 January 2010 13:12 Go to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi!

I just encountered interesting bug, while trying to install TheIde on my new laptop running Arch linux. I believe I have all the required libraries installed (libx11,libxft,libpng,libexpat,libgtk2.0). But when I compile theide from source downloaded from google (upp-x11-src-1875.tar.gz) I get working application, but with no texts (see attached screenshot). No errors during compilation.

If I compile with NOGTK, everything works fine. Well, almost everything, just some runtime errors from libpng ("libpng error: Error reading input file!") appear, but that's not so important.

Would it be possible to add some check to Makefile that would test if the required gtk libs are present and add NOGTK flag if not?

And also: Anybody has any hint how to make it work correctly under nonubuntu system? Smile

Best regards,
Honza

PS: The same behavior applies when I compile anything from theide (that is no text are rendered unless NOGTK flag is specified)
  • Attachment: theide2.png
    (Size: 9.70KB, Downloaded 305 times)
Re: No texts rendered unless NOGTK flag is used [message #24540 is a reply to message #24534] Sat, 23 January 2010 18:34 Go to previous message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi Honza,

If it can help, under Fedora all works perfectly, with and without NOGTK flag.

Previous Topic: About the automated build svn U++ 1469 on WinXP of Chinese version
Next Topic: Bazaar not working in default Install of theIDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:10:28 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02198 seconds