Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » version.h problem
version.h problem [message #24819] Sun, 31 January 2010 16:55 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello all

Now version.h version is empty:

#define IDE_VERSION    ""

It would be useful to have it there for taking it when compiling theide.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: version.h problem [message #24821 is a reply to message #24819] Sun, 31 January 2010 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Koldo!

I just recently talked to Mirek about this. I was suggesting using svn hook to fill it (see this thread). But when I investigated more, I found out, it's actually not possible by the means of subversion.

Moreover, I've learned that it is actually stupid idea to have automatically generated files under version control. It is a) unnecesary overload b) possible source of problems. The correct way is implementing this in build procces.

If you are building from src packages from google, this was already done by the script on the infrastructure server and version.h is filled with correct revision.

If you're building from svn checkout, you should determine the version from the svn and feed it into the version.h. You can use svnversion tool or look on in .svn/entries, line 4.

If you are using the builddeb script I wrote and it's not working, then I'm publicly ashamed and will supply patch ASAP Smile

Best regards,
Honza
Re: version.h problem [message #24822 is a reply to message #24821] Sun, 31 January 2010 19:51 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Ok Smile

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: MinGW under Fedora 11
Next Topic: WISH: "Execute" Button & "Rebuild package only" Button
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:07:24 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01198 seconds