Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » How to input Time Of Day ( only time no date needed )
How to input Time Of Day ( only time no date needed ) [message #25669] Sun, 07 March 2010 11:49 Go to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi,

I need to input time of day only and the DateTimeCtrl control does not allow time only input. Confused

I tried to use Clock but I don't know how to use PopUpCtrl's Crying or Very Sad

And when I use the the EditTime, you also have to input the date !

What is the wright way to input time of day ??

I also tried to enhance the DateTimeCtrl control to add TIME_ONLY option but I'm not sure this is correct since the 'Time' type stores time and date Dead .

Can someone help ?
Re: How to input Time Of Day ( only time no date needed ) [message #25672 is a reply to message #25669] Sun, 07 March 2010 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

There is a DropTime control which should show clock only
Re: How to input Time Of Day ( only time no date needed ) [message #25682 is a reply to message #25672] Sun, 07 March 2010 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi,
There is a DropTime control which should show clock only

I already tried, it was practically the first thing I did, but the name is misleading, it should be named DropDateTime since you have time AND date Crying or Very Sad

Re: How to input Time Of Day ( only time no date needed ) [message #25684 is a reply to message #25682] Sun, 07 March 2010 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Yes, you're right. I'll try to change it.
Re: How to input Time Of Day ( only time no date needed ) [message #25688 is a reply to message #25669] Mon, 08 March 2010 01:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Didier wrote on Sun, 07 March 2010 05:49

Hi,

I need to input time of day only and the DateTimeCtrl control does not allow time only input. Confused

I tried to use Clock but I don't know how to use PopUpCtrl's Crying or Very Sad

And when I use the the EditTime, you also have to input the date !

You can create Convert for time-only, should be simple. The one minor problem is there is no 'DayTime' type in U++ now, but maybe you can use just int and represent value as number of second since midnight.

Mirek
Re: How to input Time Of Day ( only time no date needed ) [message #25737 is a reply to message #25688] Tue, 09 March 2010 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Thanks for you're replies Smile

But I can't believe I'm the first one that runs into this ?
Re: How to input Time Of Day ( only time no date needed ) [message #25744 is a reply to message #25737] Wed, 10 March 2010 09:05 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Didier wrote on Tue, 09 March 2010 16:43

Thanks for you're replies Smile

But I can't believe I'm the first one that runs into this ?

Actually, over the span of 10 years and about 35 bussiness oriented apps in U++, I never needed time of day. Usually it is just dates or sometimes date+time...

Mirek
Previous Topic: compiling u++ with VC2008
Next Topic: .BRC files and .exe in memory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:17:48 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02829 seconds