Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » compiling mfc projects
compiling mfc projects [message #26195] Sat, 10 April 2010 10:15
piotr5 is currently offline  piotr5
Experienced Member
at first sight it doesn't seem like a bug, but in practice the include-order is awkward. theide does include first the nests, then the include-paths defined in the build-method, and only then the "Internal Includes" given in the package. a name-clash with operating system include files can easily happen, especially in portable code. the workaround is to add the desired global includes into the nest-dependencies instead of "Internal Includes" -- if such a name-clash happens. I think the documentation should point out the issue of include-path order and suggest how to make sure that include-paths of the own packages are correctly ordered...

also it is strange how "/MD" (link with release MSVCRT.LIB instead of the debug-lib) and "/EHsc" (no SEH and c defaults to nothrow) are uncontrollably added to the commandline, triggering a warning when they get overridden by custom commandline...

also I got a segfault through a null-pointer for hdr in MscBuilder.cpp:27, even the variable "begin" is null. the reason is that the obj-file simply doesn't exist, but strangely this wasn't noticed by the Open method of FileMapping. the solution is to insert

if(!begin)
return;

right after the definition of begin. of course the deeper issue here is that an empty package which contains only header-files doesn't produce any compilation-output while it is expected to when you put it into package-dependencies.

and of course there also are problems with linking, but I will talk about that later (or maybe never as I will give up porting and instead only use the great documentation-features of theide and/or maybe eventually get rid of mfc).
Previous Topic: custom build step
Next Topic: Problems Compiling for WinCE (PPC2003) ARM
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:07:51 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01574 seconds