Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Creating .deb package for U++ app
Creating .deb package for U++ app [message #26279] Tue, 20 April 2010 13:10 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

I want to make .deb package for my GUI app developed under U++. App will be precompiled, so no U++ itself is needed. Only runtime libraries required to start GUI U++ app under Linux.
What dependencies should I include here? Please, anyone who did it before.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 April 2010 13:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating .deb package for U++ app [message #26281 is a reply to message #26279] Tue, 20 April 2010 17:48 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Pavel,

You can get the basic idea about dependencies by running
ldd /your/app

It lists shared libs linked in the binary, but the packages that supply those libs are in most cases named same or very similar.

You can also have a look at the control file for theide package (brand new testing builds are here). The dependencies may of course be different if you use different build flags and they also differ in between various distro series.

IMO the best way to generate package is to prepare the whole source tree, as if it was unpacked debian source package (.dsc). That means sources+makefile+debian directory containing at least source control file and changelog. Then it is just a matter of calling dpkg-shlibs, dpkg-gencontrol and dpkg-deb. All of those tools are either from dpkg-dev or devscripts. I guess you could get an idea how to use them by looking at uppbox/lpbuild scripts.

I plan to develop some semi-automatic way to handle packaging of U++ projects, but it is not ready yet... Hopefully it will be someday in the future Wink Till then I offer you my help, feel free to contact me on irc/jabber/icq.

Regards,
Honza

Previous Topic: [SOLVED] Xmlize LineEdit with line breaks inside
Next Topic: Problems to build U++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:25:08 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02411 seconds