Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » LineEdit, EditFields, DocEdit » DropList bug when compiling with SPEED option
DropList bug when compiling with SPEED option [message #26786] Thu, 27 May 2010 22:47 Go to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi everyone,

I just encountered this strange bug:
When compiling an app with 'GCC Speed' the DropList widget doesn't work wright: he doesn't display his value although the pull down list does Confused
This bug disappears when compiling with 'GCC Optimal'

I first though it was my code who was wrong but it isn't.
The same happens with Uword example app.

I'm compiling with : gcc (GCC) 4.4.3 20100127 (Red Hat 4.4.3-4)
and use an unmodified UPP

[Updated on: Thu, 27 May 2010 22:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DropList bug when compiling with SPEED option [message #26801 is a reply to message #26786] Fri, 28 May 2010 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Didier wrote on Thu, 27 May 2010 16:47

Hi everyone,

I just encountered this strange bug:
When compiling an app with 'GCC Speed' the DropList widget doesn't work wright: he doesn't display his value although the pull down list does Confused
This bug disappears when compiling with 'GCC Optimal'

I first though it was my code who was wrong but it isn't.
The same happens with Uword example app.

I'm compiling with : gcc (GCC) 4.4.3 20100127 (Red Hat 4.4.3-4)
and use an unmodified UPP[/quote]

Strange, but not impossible.

Anyway, I have just Speed GCC with GCC 4.4.1 UWord and have not noticed anything unusual...
Re: DropList bug when compiling with SPEED option [message #26805 is a reply to message #26801] Fri, 28 May 2010 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi Myrek,

Thanks for the reply. I remember having encountering the same kind of bug about a year ago, but it disappeared without notice.

The strange part about it ,is that for some values, the DropList's value gets displayed and for others it doesn't ???

I tried moving around UPP versions to see if it was an UPP bug, but there's no change.

Anyway this is not blocking, the speed option was a manipulation error: this ??bug?? doesn't bother me.

I'll try to keep an eye on it any way.

Re: DropList bug when compiling with SPEED option [message #26812 is a reply to message #26805] Sun, 30 May 2010 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Didier wrote on Fri, 28 May 2010 17:38

Hi Myrek,

Thanks for the reply. I remember having encountering the same kind of bug about a year ago, but it disappeared without notice.

The strange part about it ,is that for some values, the DropList's value gets displayed and for others it doesn't ???

I tried moving around UPP versions to see if it was an UPP bug, but there's no change.

Anyway this is not blocking, the speed option was a manipulation error: this ??bug?? doesn't bother me.

I'll try to keep an eye on it any way.

Still, it could mean that some code in DropList.cpp (or elsewhere) has implementation defined baheviour, something similar to this famous example:

x[i++] = i;

which hits us when optimizer tries another path for speed optimizations....

Mirek
Re: DropList bug when compiling with SPEED option [message #26826 is a reply to message #26812] Mon, 31 May 2010 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi Myrek,

I hunt it down a bit using the 'Optimize for speed' option of the packages and the winner is .... My app Very Happy

Then again UWord has the same 'bug', so it's probably in some inline method of a header file.

I'll keep searching.
Re: DropList bug when compiling with SPEED option [message #26835 is a reply to message #26826] Tue, 01 June 2010 19:16 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Thanks... interesting Smile
Previous Topic: Copy from a readonly EditField
Next Topic: DocEdit appned, highlight, mouse events
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:35:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01595 seconds