Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Review U++ in Russian open source magazine "System Administrator"
Re: Review U++ in Russian open source magazine "System Administrator" [message #28923 is a reply to message #28921] Mon, 27 September 2010 15:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Thank you Smile.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Review U++ in Russian open source magazine "System Administrator" [message #28928 is a reply to message #28923] Mon, 27 September 2010 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yesint is currently offline  yesint
Promising Member
Well, I've finished translation of the first article faster then expected (attached) Smile It's far from being ideal (English is not my native language after all) but is definitely readable.
  • Attachment: u++1-eng.odt
    (Size: 131.60KB, Downloaded 477 times)
Re: Review U++ in Russian open source magazine "System Administrator" [message #28932 is a reply to message #28928] Tue, 28 September 2010 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK, now we need an english speaking volunteer to fix that and post somewhere - I suggest CodeProject.
Re: Review U++ in Russian open source magazine "System Administrator" [message #28933 is a reply to message #28932] Tue, 28 September 2010 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

Sorry, Is CodeProject Section of site UPP? (or external site?) Embarassed
I propose to open section on this site for articles (maybe under Documentation section).

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}

[Updated on: Tue, 28 September 2010 11:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Review U++ in Russian open source magazine "System Administrator" [message #28935 is a reply to message #28759] Tue, 28 September 2010 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jerson is currently offline  jerson
Experienced Member

The article seems to be well written and hardly needs any grammatical correction. Still, if you need any help, I can volunteer. Only, my knowledge of UPP is limited as of date.
Re: Review U++ in Russian open source magazine "System Administrator" [message #28936 is a reply to message #28933] Tue, 28 September 2010 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

sergeynikitin wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 11:22

Sorry, Is CodeProject Section of site UPP? (or external site?) Embarassed
I propose to open section on this site for articles (maybe under Documentation section).

It is external site http://www.codeproject.com

IMHO it is much better to publish on popular sites "out there" on the net where much more people can see it. To reference the articles on U++ site, linking them in Links section is enough.

Honza
Re: Review U++ in Russian open source magazine "System Administrator" [message #28938 is a reply to message #28936] Tue, 28 September 2010 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

OK. By the way, thanks for interesting links.

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: Review U++ in Russian open source magazine "System Administrator" [message #28954 is a reply to message #28935] Wed, 29 September 2010 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
jerson wrote on Tue, 28 September 2010 06:15

The article seems to be well written and hardly needs any grammatical correction. Still, if you need any help, I can volunteer. Only, my knowledge of UPP is limited as of date.

Maybe, with the permission of author, if the target site is Codeproject, we should edit intro to make it more "windoze", as Codeproject is mainly windows programming site...

Alternatively, we can find some Linux oriented site.
Re: Review U++ in Russian open source magazine "System Administrator" [message #28968 is a reply to message #28954] Wed, 29 September 2010 15:30 Go to previous message
yesint is currently offline  yesint
Promising Member
luzr wrote on Wed, 29 September 2010 08:59

Maybe, with the permission of author, if the target site is Codeproject, we should edit intro to make it more "windoze", as Codeproject is mainly windows programming site...

Yes, Codeproject is unlikely to appreciate Linux-oriented article. Please feel free to edit the introduction accordingly.

luzr wrote on Wed, 29 September 2010 08:59

Alternatively, we can find some Linux oriented site.

linuxplanet.com?
Previous Topic: PR!
Next Topic: TheIDE in Rolling Release
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:27:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01454 seconds