FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » GTK 2.21.3 changes includes paths
GTK 2.21.3 changes includes paths [message #28824] Sat, 18 September 2010 11:50 Go to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi everyone!

Just a little warning: Starting with version 2.21.3 the gdk-pixbuf became independent module and as a result the include files has been moved into different directory. To compile U++ correctly with the newer gtk just add a new include path "/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0" into your build method.

So far I noticed this problem only in Ubuntu Maverick, but it'll eventually come to other distribution sooner or later too. It would be nice if this path would be added to defaults to the various packages we provide (debs, rpms, ebuild etc.) in advance to assure seamless upgrade for the users.

Best regards,
Honza
Re: GTK 2.21.3 changes includes paths [message #28827 is a reply to message #28824] Sat, 18 September 2010 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
As much as I dislike autotools and friends, maybe it is time to bite the bullet and use them for source based builds of U++?
Re: GTK 2.21.3 changes includes paths [message #28828 is a reply to message #28827] Sat, 18 September 2010 15:35 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

cbpporter wrote on Sat, 18 September 2010 14:00

As much as I dislike autotools and friends, maybe it is time to bite the bullet and use them for source based builds of U++?

I wouldn't go as far as using autotools, rather stay with the "friends" part Smile Actually only thing needed is probably pkg-config to find out library and include paths. For source based builds it means just adding them in a command line argument to make. I could easily built them into the universal makefile (as optional, falling back to hardcoded paths in case of fail).

Even better would be to be able to use pkg-config inside theide. Let's say to allow lib/include paths with special syntax, e.g.:
$pkg-config --cflags-only-I gdk-pixbuf-2.0
Then on build every line starting with '$' would be treated as a command which would be executed and the result would be used by the builder when constructing the compile command.

What do you think?

Honza
Previous Topic: A problem of released versions compiled by gcc 4.3
Next Topic: Full install package for Windows
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:40:45 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01191 seconds