Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » How to see changes to theIde help - index$en-us
How to see changes to theIde help - index$en-us [message #29676] Sun, 07 November 2010 10:05 Go to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
I'm trying to figure out where the ide help.cpp GatherLinks function gets the topic names to show in the topic tree. It seems to get them from index$en-us.tpp file but I'm not sure. To test this I've tried changing the index$en-us topic in the uppsrc ide package but when I click the pink ? button on theIde toolbar, I don't see my changes in the right hand pane.

I suspect that the list of topics in the topic tree doesn't actually come from index$en-us.tpp because the topic tree has the esc topic which index$en-us.tpp doesn't have. I've tried closing theIde, deleting the cfg folder and restarting so it re-indexes but it makes no difference.

Any idea what I have to do to see my changes to the index$en-us topic? I do have multiple installations of U++ but I'm sure I have the assembly set up correctly.

Graeme
Re: How to see changes to theIde help - index$en-us [message #29677 is a reply to message #29676] Sun, 07 November 2010 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sender Ghost is currently offline  Sender Ghost
Hello, Graeme.

If you click on ide/app.tpp with right mouse button, you will see "Includeable topic group" switch. This switch enabled. Therefore, you need to recompile ide to see changes here.
Re: How to see changes to theIde help - index$en-us [message #29682 is a reply to message #29677] Mon, 08 November 2010 12:08 Go to previous message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
Cool, thanks. I'll add this to the list of things to document for theIde.

Graeme
Previous Topic: Navigate to API help for widget
Next Topic: Context goto with Format(char *, int)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:09:09 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01339 seconds