Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Facebook page
Facebook page [message #29780] Tue, 16 November 2010 11:09 Go to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi guys,

Did you know that there is a facebook page about U++? Cool It can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultimate/105652152801321 (accessible even without login).

It appears to be automatically generated from wikipedia article. I think it should be possible to take over the ownership and at least put there a link to this website. After all, who is not on Facebook doesn't exist, as some people say lately Smile

Honza
Re: Facebook page [message #29785 is a reply to message #29780] Tue, 16 November 2010 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Facebook behavior in this case seems to be not clean. Just a dirty trick to force people to use its portal.

Yes, I also think it would be good to take the ownership of that.

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: Facebook page [message #36755 is a reply to message #29780] Mon, 02 July 2012 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
I think U++ should have an IRC channel.

Maybe #Upp at freenode?
Re: Facebook page [message #36758 is a reply to message #36755] Tue, 03 July 2012 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

lectus wrote on Mon, 02 July 2012 20:10

I think U++ should have an IRC channel.

Maybe #Upp at freenode?

It does have one Wink #upp on slashnet.org. But not many people is coming there. I am usually logged in in my free time and one or two others from forum come occasionally. In past, we held couple on-line meetings there to discuss development of U++, but it didn't really caught up Smile Anyway, you are welcome to stop by for a chat or to ask for help anytime Wink

Honza
Re: Facebook page [message #36777 is a reply to message #36758] Tue, 03 July 2012 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
That's cool. But why not freenode?
It's the most popular irc server among programming languages and libraries.
Re: Facebook page [message #36779 is a reply to message #36777] Tue, 03 July 2012 18:28 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

lectus wrote on Tue, 03 July 2012 17:12

That's cool. But why not freenode?
It's the most popular irc server among programming languages and libraries.

I don't know the original reasons... But I don't see any difference between freenode and slashnet. Any client will allow you to connect to any server. The only minor inconvenience is that you might have to setup new account if you don't have one on slashnet already, but that takes just a minute or two (or you can use anonymous access, of course). Or do you have any other arguments in favor of freenode, other than that it is popular? Qt is popular too, but we are all using U++ Very Happy

Honza
Previous Topic: Internet links to version 605
Next Topic: Article on U++ approach to resource management [Russian]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:40:50 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01433 seconds