Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » SDL packages
SDL packages [message #29807] Thu, 18 November 2010 15:36 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
As commented in this post, there are new SDL and SCLCtrl_demo packages in Bazaar.

SDL contains SDLCtrl. It is the base for a MediaCtrl to come soon. However SDLCtrl will include a C++ interface to many SDL possibilities.

It includes also a SDLCtrl_demo, based in unodgs SDL demo. As it is in a Ctrl, it moves and resizes.

For now it is not documented, but I wanted to see people response before.

Ped has properly remember that SDL is LGPL. Because of it SDL sources are not compiled inside package (it would have been possible). Just to ease setup, SDL includes "plugin" folder containing includes, doc and the library for windows.

I do not think license is a problem, as a full installable would require to include LGPL and GPL contents like MinGW.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: SDL packages [message #29879 is a reply to message #29807] Fri, 26 November 2010 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello all

SDLCtrl is really being a testbench for MediaCtrl...

Now I think it works well also in Linux, but the FullScreen mode that seems shifted. Could you test it?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: SDL packages [message #29895 is a reply to message #29879] Sat, 27 November 2010 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello all

This is the problem with Fullscreen in Linux:
index.php?t=getfile&id=2943&private=0

The reason is that in SDLCtrl example, FullScreen().Run() is called from another TopWindow, so Fullscreen window is really opened under the main window. See this:
.FullScreen().Run();	--->

int  TopWindow::Run(bool appmodal)
{
	if(!IsOpen())
		Open();	--->

void TopWindow::Open()
{
	GuiLock __; 
	Open(GetActiveWindow());	--->
}

Ctrl *Ctrl::GetActiveWindow()
{
	GuiLock __;
	Ctrl *q = GetActiveCtrl();
	return q ? q->GetTopWindow() : NULL;
}

Doing for example Open(NULL); solves the problem. Or, is it necessary that GetActiveCtrl() call GetTopWindow() ?
  • Attachment: Screen.png
    (Size: 22.09KB, Downloaded 625 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: SDL packages [message #29933 is a reply to message #29895] Tue, 30 November 2010 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi Koldo,

I tried you're SDL example in full screen and I don't have the problem you describe.
The buttons appear once the mouse is near the bottom.

But in the basic example, the displayed image doesn't seem correct to me, there is a sort of mix of the image with the background image.

What is the image suppose to look like
index.php?t=getfile&id=2944&private=0
Re: SDL packages [message #29936 is a reply to message #29933] Tue, 30 November 2010 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Didier

I use Ubuntu. What distro do you use?

About the image problem, I have seen it before and, analizing the picture, it seems a problem from the sample..., because the Black() is declared as transparent and in fact the background black is transparent.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: SDL packages [message #29937 is a reply to message #29936] Tue, 30 November 2010 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Problem fixed (I hope) and committed.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: SDL packages [message #31065 is a reply to message #29937] Thu, 03 February 2011 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chickenk is currently offline  chickenk
Experienced Member
Hi Koldo,

looking at the SDL.upp file, the SDL package currently depends on Core while when looking at the code, it seems that it should rather depend on CtrlLib... Can you fix that please?

Thanks a lot

Lionel
Re: SDL packages [message #31081 is a reply to message #31065] Fri, 04 February 2011 08:56 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
chickenk wrote on Thu, 03 February 2011 13:36

Hi Koldo,

looking at the SDL.upp file, the SDL package currently depends on Core while when looking at the code, it seems that it should rather depend on CtrlLib... Can you fix that please?

Thanks a lot

Lionel

Thank you Lionel

You are right. I will upload the fix today.

Best regards
Iñaki

[Updated on: Fri, 04 February 2011 08:57]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Docking: Future request!
Next Topic: OfficeAutomation new functions from Ratah and +
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 12:27:13 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02741 seconds