Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » GPSv2
GPSv2 [message #30008] Thu, 02 December 2010 18:15 Go to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
Here is an app made with Upp.
It was ported from Python and Java.
It can work with a NASA WorldWind app but can be used alone, just click GPS and select No I/O (this just turns off the socket connection attempts).

The GPS->CheckPorts will check the serial ports from COM4 thru COM20 that can be opened and then checks the baud rate. Then just select which port you want to open first.
The GPS receiver needs to output the GGA sentence (that is the only one that includes the Geoid correction for altitude).

It also checks which port has the best signal (least HDOP) and sets that to the first GPS and the second best to GPS 2.
Most of the code is setup for more than two but with only two receivers to test, my others are not here for testing, so the sorting code will need to be changed.

The eventual purpose is not to have two GPS receivers hooked on the same computer (but can be used to check one receiver for quality against another).

One port will be for tracking and another will connect with a port hooked to a radio receiver with multiple GPS tracks.
Or it could be used for Differential GPS for land survey data.

The more I use Upp the better I like it.

http://www.nlneilson.com/gpsx2.html
updated the link

[Updated on: Mon, 20 December 2010 13:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: GPSv2 [message #30030 is a reply to message #30008] Sat, 04 December 2010 16:12 Go to previous message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
When the app is run there is a popup re .cfg file.
Just click GPS->Save>Exit, any of the settings can be changed and will be active the next time the app is opened.

When you click GPS->Check Ports the edit field on the right will show the progress.

One bug not solved is the CALLBACK or whatever for Check Ports or Open GPS skips, wait a few seconds and click it again.

I removed the attachment to the previous post and added a link.
As bugs are removed or functions added that should be current.

The "speed\@ang" has not been ported yet, that is still in the Java app this can interact with.
Previous Topic: FNPSA Competition ( Spearfishing contests management )
Next Topic: GeoCalc.exe, GPSx2.exe, TrackReplay.exe and DGPSmerge.exe
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:37:49 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01384 seconds