Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Dropdown Animation - continued
Dropdown Animation - continued [message #31259] Thu, 17 February 2011 15:11 Go to next message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
Hello Mirek,

Remember a while ago I was wondering why I got the impression that the dropdown animation was not really going smooth.
Well, I haven't abandoned the issue since and now I managed to take a screenshot that captures a moment in the animation.
What I find weird is the 'ghost' window behind the 'real' list that drops down. This might be the cause of some impression of flickering.
Any idea what this is and how we can avoid it?

PS: If, in the Animate function in CtrlUtil.cpp, you temporarily set anitime to some high value, like 1500 and change the sleep statement to Sleep(100) instead of Sleep(0) it becomes very observable.

I have the impression that it is the shadow frame that grows faster than the list.
  • Attachment: animate.png
    (Size: 19.05KB, Downloaded 331 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 17 February 2011 16:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Dropdown Animation - continued [message #31276 is a reply to message #31259] Fri, 18 February 2011 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK, I have refactored PopUpTable once again, now using quite different approach (namely, PopUpTable now contains the popup window and does not 'popup' itself).

Please check !

Mirek
Re: Dropdown Animation - continued [message #31284 is a reply to message #31276] Fri, 18 February 2011 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
Wooow; definitely a lot better. No; not just better, simply perfect!
It glides smoothly as silk now.
Thanks a lot. I know these things are only minor cosmetic issues, but IMHO it also helps to give applications a more appealing look.

Best regards and thanks again

frank
Re: Dropdown Animation - continued [message #31287 is a reply to message #31284] Fri, 18 February 2011 18:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Unfortunately menus now fades up very slowly..
Re: Dropdown Animation - continued [message #31288 is a reply to message #31287] Fri, 18 February 2011 20:47 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Sorry, I have only forgot debugging code in animate, so that I could track the changes more easily... Smile

(Now fixed).
Previous Topic: Modern looking U++ controls
Next Topic: WithDropChoice like in Google bar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 12:26:06 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04470 seconds