FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Outlook automation with MAPIEx
Outlook automation with MAPIEx [message #32266] Thu, 05 May 2011 08:28 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello all

There is a new package called MAPIEx.

It permits you to check email folders, open and save emails including images and attachments, read appointments, create contacts or delete emails and folders.

As it uses Extended MAPI it overcomes Outlook security patch that made initial MAPI applications almost unusable.

MAPIEx user classes are:
- MAPIEx
- MAPIFolder
- MAPIMessage
- MAPIAppointment
- MAPIAttachment
- MAPIContact

Many simple examples are included in MAPIEx_demo package.

As usual it includes documentation of main classes.

As MAPIEx uses internal Microsoft infrastructure, it can only work in Windows. It only compiles using MSC but MinGW could be added in a next future.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Outlook automation with MAPIEx [message #32498 is a reply to message #32266] Sat, 21 May 2011 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
galious is currently offline  galious
Promising Member
Hi,

when I try to compile the example package I get a linker error on Tokenize (unresolved external symbol "class Upp::String __cdecl Tokenize(class Upp::String const &,clas
s Upp::String const &,int &)" (?Tokenize@@YA?AVString@Upp@@ABV12>@0AAH>@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MAPIContact::
SetCategories(class Upp::String const &)" (?SetCategories@MAPIContact@@QAE_NABVString@Upp@@@Z)). This method seems to be declared but not implemented. Do I have to include an extra library, or anything else?

Best regards,

Martin
Re: Outlook automation with MAPIEx [message #32499 is a reply to message #32266] Sat, 21 May 2011 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
galious is currently offline  galious
Promising Member
Hi again,

it seems MapiUtil.h is included in some files, but it is not included in bazaar. Is it missing or not required (and unrelated to the error reported above)?

Update: Never mind: MapiUtil.h is a MS file.

Best regards,

Martin

[Updated on: Sat, 21 May 2011 20:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Outlook automation with MAPIEx [message #32500 is a reply to message #32499] Sat, 21 May 2011 22:35 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Martin

It was my fault Rolling Eyes . I forgot to update it.

Tokenize() is now uploaded to SVN. Now it has to work well.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: Urr
Next Topic: OfficeAutomation GetText function for excel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:33:48 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04359 seconds