Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » How does Ultimate Player do that?
How does Ultimate Player do that? [message #2584] Tue, 18 April 2006 06:46 Go to next message
kevinle10@gmail.com is currently offline  kevinle10@gmail.com
Promising Member
I like very much the way Ultimate Player looks.

1. The button shows the orange border when the mouse enters the area occupied by the button. Looks very XP.
2. Same thing with the header column in the ArrayCtrl. The column header color also is nice.

At a minimum, I'd like to know how much work did Player's author put into implementing that feature, so I can make my assessment.

Of course, if Player's author wants to share the code snippet, then I really appreciate.

Nice work to Ultimate Player. Razz
Re: How does Ultimate Player do that? [message #2589 is a reply to message #2584] Tue, 18 April 2006 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

kevinle10@gmail.com wrote on Tue, 18 April 2006 00:46

I like very much the way Ultimate Player looks.

1. The button shows the orange border when the mouse enters the area occupied by the button. Looks very XP.

This is the standard behaviour of U++ buttons (if xp style is set) Wink (so thanks go to Mirek!) (btw. native readers! should be thanks go to or goes to??)
Quote:

2. Same thing with the header column in the ArrayCtrl. The column header color also is nice.

It is not ArrayCtrl Wink (but it's not a big problem to add shaded header to arrayctrl)
Quote:

At a minimum, I'd like to know how much work did Player's author put into implementing that feature, so I can make my assessment.

If you're talking only about those colors and header highlighting the answer is 15 minutes.
Quote:

Of course, if Player's author wants to share the code snippet, then I really appreciate.

Not a problem, I wanted to share the sources to give pepole more advanced examples of that what can be done in upp.
I think I just put the sources into uppbox as they are now (I have problems with getting version 1.1 done (there are always new features (bugs Smile) to add...))
Quote:

Nice work to Ultimate Player. Razz

Thanks! (but it was easy with upp (really, I would never try to do it with mfc or vcl..))
Re: How does Ultimate Player do that? [message #2599 is a reply to message #2589] Tue, 18 April 2006 16:16 Go to previous message
kevinle10@gmail.com is currently offline  kevinle10@gmail.com
Promising Member
I am not a native English speaker, but I'd say "Thanks go to Mirek and thanks go Unodgs for replying", because the subject is plural.

You said it wasn't an ArrayCtrl, so what control did you use in Ultimate Player then? Thanks
Previous Topic: Ultimate Notes
Next Topic: EnvVarEditor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:31:25 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01068 seconds