Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » Compiling MPIR in TheIde
Compiling MPIR in TheIde [message #33724] Thu, 08 September 2011 14:13 Go to next message
281264 is currently offline  281264
Experienced Member
Hi,

I would like to know whether it is possible to compile the MPIR library in TheIde by using the MSC++ complier, without the necessity to install the Microsoft Visual Studio Express 2010.

When I am saying MIPR I am referring to:

http://www.mpir.org/#release

Is there anyone currently using multi-precision libraries, such as MPFR C++ (which requires MPFR and MPIR)? Please, I would be grateful if you can provide some hints and advices.

Thank you,

Javier

Re: Compiling MPIR in TheIde [message #33728 is a reply to message #33724] Fri, 09 September 2011 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Hi Javier,

The simplest way to build MIPR is to install Platform SDK and .NET Framework and use MSBuild.exe, which is a part of .NET Framework.

Regards,
Novo
Re: Compiling MPIR in TheIde [message #33730 is a reply to message #33728] Fri, 09 September 2011 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
281264 is currently offline  281264
Experienced Member
Thank you Novo. I shall do it.

By the way, are you using any multi precision library? Any hint about it?

Javier
Re: Compiling MPIR in TheIde [message #33755 is a reply to message #33730] Sat, 10 September 2011 20:50 Go to previous message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Actually, I can be wrong. I personally haven't tried to use MSBuild to build VC projects, although I suspect MSBuild should be able to do this. I've been using devenv with command line options, which are petty much similar to options of MSBuild, and they both have similar format of project files.

I'm not using multi precision libraries. At the place where I work we implement almost everything by ourself. And following Mirek's example I usually implement everything what I need at home by myself too.

Regards,
Novo
Previous Topic: Simple IPC using Sockets
Next Topic: a simple MDI example
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:20:57 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01358 seconds