Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » TheIDE must understand project-relative paths
TheIDE must understand project-relative paths [message #34616] Fri, 02 December 2011 08:12
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

There is a need to store and update binary whithin some project directory. I.e. $(PROJECT)/out
This is very convenient when you work with svn/git and keep up-to-date version of binary + some config files in a subdirectory of your project (this is especially important when working with other developers and testers who need latest binary and configs).

TheIDE does not allow to make project-relative filename in Build/Output mode/Target file override. It would be VERY convenient to be able to write something like $(PROJECT)/out/mybinary.exe as a target file.

I also tried to use Custom build steps/post-link with a command
copy $(OUTPATH) $(DIR)/out1/$(OUTFILE)  
but TheIDE doesn't understand it as well so this executes the following command:
copy C:\upp\out\PROJECTS\MSC9.Debug.Debug_Full.Gui.Io.Mt\Silos.exe /out1/Silos.exe

Making TheIDE understand project-relative paths will make team development for TheIDE much more comfortable.

P.S. Mirek, if you wish, I may try to add it manually and send you updated sources.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2011 08:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: [Debugging] Watch global variables
Next Topic: [ATTN: dolick.rce] Additioanl directory needed for Ubuntu-natty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:22:50 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05884 seconds