Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Various configuration serialization problems
Crash in theIDE [message #37643 is a reply to message #37631] Tue, 30 October 2012 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
Hello Didier,

My native language is actually Dutch, but in Belgium we use a French keyboard layout with some minor modifications. Yep, it's a weird little country Smile
I guess, one of these days, I'll take theIDE for a run in the debugger to trace this issue.
PS: I also always use a fairly recent build. Most of the time not older than one or two weeks.

Best regards,

frank
Re: Crash in theIDE [message #37674 is a reply to message #37643] Thu, 01 November 2012 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To whom it may concern,

I ran theIDE in debug mode and this is where it seems to go wrong:

Vcont.h line 33:
ASSERT(i >= 0 && i < items); return vector[i];

This happens when I press '°' in the editor. After the message, theIDE crashes.

Best regards,

frank
Re: Crash in theIDE [message #37676 is a reply to message #37674] Thu, 01 November 2012 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

frankdeprins wrote on Thu, 01 November 2012 12:24

Vcont.h line 33:
ASSERT(i >= 0 && i < items); return vector[i];

This happens when I press '°' in the editor. After the message, theIDE crashes.

Hi Frank,

This is the most commonly failing assert in U++ Very Happy So it doesn't tell much, unless you know what preceded it... Could you post entire callstack? There is "Copy bactrace" in Debug menu while debugging in TheIDE, it should copy the backtrace to clipboard so you can post it here Wink

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Crash in theIDE [message #37677 is a reply to message #37676] Thu, 01 November 2012 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ouch

I'm afraid the problem got 'resolved' by throwing away my config files once again. So I cannot reproduce it anymore right now.
I will do so anyway if and when it comes back.

Thanks for the response

frank
Re: Crash in theIDE [message #37679 is a reply to message #37677] Thu, 01 November 2012 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

It kind of reminds me this issue, but that should be resolved since April... So we'll probably have to wait until it returns so we can see the backtrace. By the way, if it starts making trouble again, it could be helpful if you made a copy of the config files, zipped them all or something and post here.

Honza
Re: Crash in theIDE [message #37683 is a reply to message #37679] Thu, 01 November 2012 22:20 Go to previous message
Well, that reminds me: I always make a backup of my previous installation before updating to a recent version.
Here is an archive that makes it possible (at least for me) to reproduce the error.
In the installation you can also find a batch mkide.cmd that I use to build the ide; so you know what flags I use. Although I could reproduce the problem with the executable that I built with just the 'GUI' flag.
I'm afraid I had to leave out the executable because it made the archive larger than what could be handled here.
  • Attachment: upp.7z
    (Size: 12.18KB, Downloaded 211 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 01 November 2012 22:24]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Issue with synchronized translation file (GNU/Linux - Kubuntu 12.10)
Next Topic: Feature request for TheIDE (easy but useful)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 06:14:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01125 seconds