FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » 3d plot library / widget
3d plot library / widget [message #36295] Fri, 18 May 2012 18:36 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I miss something like scatter but in 3D. Even better to use a 3D library like dislin (http://www.dislin.de/) with rendering in some our lovely ctrl. But this is too much to hope.

Have you ever integrated U++ with some other 3D library? I would like just to plot the coordinates (x,y,z) coming from a differential equation and not to realize a game. Maybe I would like to create an animation with the feeded data.

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Edit: Just now I found http://mathgl.sourceforge.net/ that looks very interesting and it seems to work with opengl... maybe our glctrl can be useful in some way.

Luigi

[Updated on: Fri, 18 May 2012 20:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 3d plot library / widget [message #36299 is a reply to message #36295] Fri, 18 May 2012 21:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
It is a pity. The license of both libraries is not close to BSD license ...

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: 3d plot library / widget [message #36379 is a reply to message #36295] Wed, 23 May 2012 13:51 Go to previous message
keltor is currently offline  keltor
Actually, MathGL is either GPL, or LGPL if you don't include a few extras. Wouldn't the latter be a good candidate? It can be used for commercial and non-commercial purposes, like in the BSD case, and besides, U++ already ships with SDL which is released under LGPL.

I've tested MathGL before, it's a wonderful piece of software. I'd love to see it implemented in U++...
Previous Topic: Future of SW menu is HUD?
Next Topic: Where to find free icons?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:02:47 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01173 seconds