Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » Can I use netSQLite to solve the problem of sharing SQLite database?
Can I use netSQLite to solve the problem of sharing SQLite database? [message #36533] Tue, 05 June 2012 15:39 Go to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

All known SQLite problem - Sharing over network - may be solved by using one of network fork of SQLite:
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteNetwork

Variant netSQLite have Public Domain license.
http://atensoft.net/dev/sqlite3.php

Perhaps, someone has worked with the product?

How it will be hard to connect this engine to U++?

Really need in-built engine that can work across a network.

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}

[Updated on: Tue, 05 June 2012 15:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can I use netSQLite to solve the problem of sharing SQLite database? [message #36534 is a reply to message #36533] Tue, 05 June 2012 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

A similar free project uSQLite:
http://users.libero.it/irwin/

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}
Re: Can I use netSQLite to solve the problem of sharing SQLite database? [message #36561 is a reply to message #36533] Sat, 09 June 2012 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Isn't easier to use Firebird instead? It is also small, but it is much more mature as a database.

Regards,
Novo
Re: Can I use netSQLite to solve the problem of sharing SQLite database? [message #36563 is a reply to message #36561] Sat, 09 June 2012 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
What would be the SQLite of the network databases?. I mean, the simplest to install and administrate.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Can I use netSQLite to solve the problem of sharing SQLite database? [message #36564 is a reply to message #36563] Sat, 09 June 2012 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
koldo wrote on Sat, 09 June 2012 16:06

What would be the SQLite of the network databases?. I mean, the simplest to install and administrate.

FirebirdSQL You can even use it without a server part, but in this case you are limited to one process.

Actually, Firebird is much better than SQLite. It is somewhat similar to MSSQL Server.

Regards,
Novo

[Updated on: Sun, 10 June 2012 20:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Can I use netSQLite to solve the problem of sharing SQLite database? [message #36570 is a reply to message #36564] Sun, 10 June 2012 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Thank you.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Can I use netSQLite to solve the problem of sharing SQLite database? [message #36722 is a reply to message #36533] Thu, 28 June 2012 23:48 Go to previous message
lectus is currently offline  lectus
I use SQLITE because it's serveless and pain free. No messing with configurations and it's embedded in the final executable (thanks to static linking).

If a server solution is need it might be better to use Firebird, MySQL, whatever.

The reason for server-based Sqlite I think might be porting an existing BIG Sqlite database to work as a server.
Previous Topic: Sql crash in 64 bit machine
Next Topic: What does this code do exactly?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:15:56 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02290 seconds