Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them?
icon5.gif  What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36767] Tue, 03 July 2012 11:26 Go to next message
navi is currently offline  navi
Experienced Member

Since I added the "SysInfo" Package from the Bazaar to my project, these compiler messages about "$blitz.o: duplicate section `.rdata$_ZTVN3Upp_____ has different size" started to show up. What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them?

Thanks & Regards
Navi
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/images/message_icons/icon7.gif

----- CtrlLib ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (1 / 27)
----- GLCtrl ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (2 / 27)
----- SysInfo ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (3 / 27)
----- plugin/pcre ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (4 / 27)
----- CtrlCore ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (5 / 27)
----- Draw ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (6 / 27)
----- plugin/bmp ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (7 / 27)
----- RichText ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (8 / 27)
----- Core ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (9 / 27)
----- plugin/z ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (10 / 27)
----- plugin/png ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (11 / 27)
----- Functions4U ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (12 / 27)
----- plugin/bz2 ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (13 / 27)
----- Web ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (14 / 27)
----- plugin/jpg ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (15 / 27)
----- plugin/gif ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (16 / 27)
----- plugin/tif ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (17 / 27)
----- ide/Browser ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (18 / 27)
----- CppBase ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (19 / 27)
----- ide/Common ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (20 / 27)
----- PdfDraw ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (21 / 27)
----- RichEdit ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (22 / 27)
----- ide/Core ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (23 / 27)
----- Esc ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (24 / 27)
----- coff/binobj ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (25 / 27)
----- coff ( GUI GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (26 / 27)
----- MySecondGL ( GUI MAIN GCC FORCE_SIZE BLITZ WIN32 ) (27 / 27)
BLITZ: app_window.cpp app_GLCtrl.cpp main.cpp Sheet2D.cpp My_OGL_Obj_Lib.cpp cube.cpp box_calc.cpp
graph.cpp
MySecondGL: 8 file(s) built in (0:06.43), 804 msecs / file, duration = 6610 msecs, parallelization 53%
Linking...
C:/out/MyApps+bazaar/Esc/MINGW.Blitz.Force_Size.Gui\$blitz.o: duplicate section 
`.rdata$_ZTVN3Upp6FileInE[vtable for Upp::FileIn]' has different size
`.rdata$_ZTSN3Upp8MoveableINS_6StringENS_7AStringINS_7String0EEEEE[typeinfo name for
Upp::Moveable<Upp::String, Upp::AString<Upp::String0> >]' has different size
`.rdata$_ZTSN3Upp8MoveableINS_7String0ENS_10EmptyClassEEE[typeinfo name for 
Upp::Moveable<Upp::String0, Upp::EmptyClass>]' has different size
C:/out/MyApps+bazaar/coff/binobj/MINGW.Blitz.Force_Size.Gui\binobj.o: duplicate section 
`.rdata$_ZTVN3Upp7FileOutE[vtable for Upp::FileOut]' has different size
C:/out/MyApps+bazaar/coff/binobj/MINGW.Blitz.Force_Size.Gui\binobj.o: duplicate section 
`.rdata$_ZTSN3Upp8MoveableINS_6StringENS_7AStringINS_7String0EEEEE[typeinfo name for
C:/out/MyApps+bazaar/coff/MINGW.Blitz.Force_Size.Gui\$blitz.o: duplicate section 
`.rdata$_ZTVN3Upp7FileOutE[vtable for Upp::FileOut]' has different size
C:/out/MyApps+bazaar/coff/MINGW.Blitz.Force_Size.Gui\$blitz.o: duplicate section
C:\out\MyApps+bazaar\MINGW.Blitz.Force_Size.Gui\MySecondGL.exe (5451264 B) linked in (0:06.10)

[Updated on: Thu, 05 July 2012 13:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36768 is a reply to message #36767] Tue, 03 July 2012 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Navi,

Have you tried to "Rebuild All"? Sometimes this happens when part of the packages changes while already compiled objects retain the old code. Rebuilding all the sources usually solves the issue.

The exact meaning of the error is that there is same code in two object files, but it is different, e.g. because each was compiled with different version of header files or something similar.

Best regards,
Honza

[Updated on: Tue, 03 July 2012 12:10]

Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36769 is a reply to message #36768] Tue, 03 July 2012 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
dolik.rce wrote on Tue, 03 July 2012 12:10

Hi Navi,

Have you tried to "Rebuild All"? ...
Best regards,
Honza

Thank You Honza. Yes I have tried clean out folder and Rebuild All. Those "duplicate section " messages are still there. I am enclosing the entire compiler messages and a screen shot of my "Package Organizer" Dialog.

P.S. All the GLEW related warnings are fine. they comes because GLEW replaces deceleration of all the OpenGL functions from OpenGL32.dll to the Video Driver's API.
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36770 is a reply to message #36767] Tue, 03 July 2012 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

[Updated on: Sat, 07 July 2012 19:44]

Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36771 is a reply to message #36770] Tue, 03 July 2012 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Navi

Thank you for your report.

Other colleague has told me the same today in Linux.

I will update the package today.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36773 is a reply to message #36771] Tue, 03 July 2012 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thank you very much "koldo". Looking forward for the updated package.

where would we find the updated package?

in http://code.google.com/p/upp-mirror/source/browse/#svn%2Ftru nk

or http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$nightly$en-us.html

[Updated on: Tue, 03 July 2012 13:19]

Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36776 is a reply to message #36773] Tue, 03 July 2012 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Navi

I would do it from http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$nightly$en-us.html (or directly from svn).

As there is a limit in size hosted by Google Code, after some time U++ downloads would have to be moved to U++ server.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36784 is a reply to message #36776] Thu, 05 July 2012 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Navi

Packages are updated now. Could you try SysInfo_demo_console and SysInfo_demo_gui to see if you get the same messages?

In addition please tell me MinGW version.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36787 is a reply to message #36784] Thu, 05 July 2012 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
koldo wrote on Thu, 05 July 2012 08:48

Hello Navi

Packages are updated now. Could you try SysInfo_demo_console and SysInfo_demo_gui to see if you get the same messages?

In addition please tell me MinGW version.

Thanks for updating the package koldo. I have tried clean compiling again with the new package but still getting those compiler messages. attached text file has the compiler messages.

My MinGW version is 4.6.2
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36791 is a reply to message #36787] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Navi

My version is 4.6.1.

Please try to do super Smile clean compiling of SysInfo_demo_console and SysInfo_demo_gui packages.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36792 is a reply to message #36791] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi koldo,

I have clean "rebuild all" the Sysinfo_demo_gui and the Sysinfo_demo_console project from Bazaar. I got same "duplicate section" message for the Sysinfo_demo_gui project. but no such message for Sysinfo_demo_console. I have attached both set of compiler messages in the 7zip archive below.

Thanks & Regards
Navi
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36793 is a reply to message #36792] Thu, 05 July 2012 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Navi

7zip, Izarc and Winrar do not let me extract the files in compiler_msgs.7z. Could you pack them again?

In addition, could you compile Controls4U and some simple GUI example in U++?

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36794 is a reply to message #36767] Thu, 05 July 2012 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Hi koldo,

I have tried compiling Controls4u from Bazaar and it gives the exact same messages. I am starting to suspect this might be originating from "Esc" and "coff" packages. I have attached all the compiler message of all the package in this new attachment as zip.

Thanks & Regards
Navi
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36844 is a reply to message #36794] Wed, 11 July 2012 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hello Navi,

Did you try to completely disable Blitz before building your project (see Build\Output mode in main IDE menu) ?

Regards

Biobytes
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36849 is a reply to message #36844] Wed, 11 July 2012 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
BioBytes wrote on Wed, 11 July 2012 14:44

Hello Navi,

Did you try to completely disable Blitz before building your project (see Build\Output mode in main IDE menu) ?

Regards

Biobytes

Hello BioBytes,

Yes I have tried completely disable Blitz and clean build the entire project. After a very long 15 min build The "duplicate section" popped up after finish linking exe. This time though it seems only the "coff" throwing the "duplicate section" messages. but no such messages for "Esc" packages.

Thanks & Regards
Navi
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36854 is a reply to message #36849] Thu, 12 July 2012 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Navi

I know it is hard to do it but, could you simplify your project as much as possible, having a "dummy" main and removing packages while maintaining that error?

I think this error comes from latest gcc versions and it will happen probably in Linux too. However I have not seen "clear" documentation about the reasons and how to solve it.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36950 is a reply to message #36854] Fri, 27 July 2012 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ionlyeatsalads is currently offline  ionlyeatsalads

koldo,
what are the dependencies this u++ has?
ionlyeatsalads
Re: What does these compiler messages means? and how to fix them? [message #36958 is a reply to message #36950] Sun, 29 July 2012 23:27 Go to previous message
Senior Veteran
Sorry Ion

What do you mean? Smile

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: Compiling issue with U++ 5010
Next Topic: Compiling simple console app outside TheIDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:21:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01260 seconds