Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Archlinux build of theide-nogtk-svn fails with error, asks for gtk.h.
Archlinux build of theide-nogtk-svn fails with error, asks for gtk.h. [message #37208] Wed, 05 September 2012 18:57 Go to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hello,

I have tried to compile the latest TheIDE/U++ svn build (as of september 5, 2012, it is theide-nogtk-svn 5318-1) from the AUR on my ArchLinux desktop, but compilation process failed with the following error:

./aur-theide-nogtk-svn/src/uppsvn/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.h:9:21: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: no such file or directory

I don't have gtk installed in my machine. Does "nogtk" version also depend on gtk?? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 September 2012 18:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Archlinux build of theide-nogtk-svn fails with error, asks for gtk.h. [message #37209 is a reply to message #37208] Wed, 05 September 2012 22:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Oblivion wrote on Wed, 05 September 2012 18:57

Hello,

I have tried to compile the latest TheIDE/U++ svn build (as of september 5, 2012, it is theide-nogtk-svn 5318-1) from the AUR on my ArchLinux desktop, but compilation process failed with the following error:

./aur-theide-nogtk-svn/src/uppsvn/uppsrc/CtrlLib/ChGtk.h:9:21: fatal error: gtk/gtk.h: no such file or directory

I don't have gtk installed in my machine. Does "nogtk" version also depend on gtk?? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hi Oblivion,

That looks wrong Sad I looked quickly into the code and I believe ChGtk.h should be included only when NOGTK flag is not present. Could you capture and post a complete log of the build? Something like:
yaourt -S theide-nogtk-svn --noconfirm &> theide.log

There might be some error in the PKGBUILD. I use it regularly, but I have gtk installed, so I probably wouldn't spot the problem...

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Archlinux build of theide-nogtk-svn fails with error, asks for gtk.h. [message #37210 is a reply to message #37209] Thu, 06 September 2012 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
dolik.rce wrote on Wed, 05 September 2012 23:36

Oblivion wrote on Wed, 05 September 2012 18:57

Hello,

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Hi Oblivion,

That looks wrong Sad I looked quickly into the code and I believe ChGtk.h should be included only when NOGTK flag is not present. Could you capture and post a complete log of the build? Something like:
yaourt -S theide-nogtk-svn --noconfirm &> theide.log

There might be some error in the PKGBUILD. I use it regularly, but I have gtk installed, so I probably wouldn't spot the problem...

Best regards,
Honza

Hello Honza,

Thank you for your quick reply, and efforts in bringing my favourite C++ framework to ArchLinux. Smile

I have attached the log. Some parts of the warning message are in Turkish, if you need to know but can't figure out what those lines mean, I'll translate it into English, but afaik they don't seem to be very important. The error message you are looking for is at the line: 3253

Regards
  • Attachment: theide.log
    (Size: 167.90KB, Downloaded 349 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 06 September 2012 01:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Archlinux build of theide-nogtk-svn fails with error, asks for gtk.h. [message #37212 is a reply to message #37210] Thu, 06 September 2012 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Thanks for the log, I'll try to figure out what happend... By the way, could you try to build theide using umk? If the problem is in the sources, it will fail as well, but if it is the PKGBUILD what's wrong it should work... The umk is compiled first, so even if the build fails it should be present in ".../aur-theide-nogtk-svn/src/umk".

Honza
Re: Archlinux build of theide-nogtk-svn fails with error, asks for gtk.h. [message #37213 is a reply to message #37212] Thu, 06 September 2012 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Never mind the umk... I think I found the problem Smile

The file CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp starts like this:
#include "CtrlLib.h"
#include "ChGtk.h"

#ifdef GUI_X11
#ifndef flagNOGTK

The ChGtk.h include should be AFTER the #ifndef ChGtk.h...

Can you try to modify the sources and rebuild to confirm it will work then? And someone with commit rights to CtrLib, please fix it Smile

Honza
Re: Archlinux build of theide-nogtk-svn fails with error, asks for gtk.h. [message #37215 is a reply to message #37213] Thu, 06 September 2012 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
dolik.rce wrote on Thu, 06 September 2012 09:01

Never mind the umk... I think I found the problem Smile

The file CtrlLib/ChGtk.cpp starts like this:
#include "CtrlLib.h"
#include "ChGtk.h"

#ifdef GUI_X11
#ifndef flagNOGTK

The ChGtk.h include should be AFTER the #ifndef ChGtk.h...

Can you try to modify the sources and rebuild to confirm it will work then? And someone with commit rights to CtrLib, please fix it Smile

Honza

Hello Honza,

I've modified the source code, and I can confirm that now it works. Thank you.

Regards.

Re: Archlinux build of theide-nogtk-svn fails with error, asks for gtk.h. [message #37219 is a reply to message #37215] Thu, 06 September 2012 18:20 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

Great to know this was the only problem Smile Hopefully it will be fixed in the svn soon.

Honza
Previous Topic: Unable to build on Arch Linux
Next Topic: Release 12.10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:53:21 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06114 seconds