Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [Bug] Menus in TheIDE not drawn properly
[Bug] Menus in TheIDE not drawn properly [message #37468] Wed, 10 October 2012 01:00 Go to next message
temp565 is currently offline  temp565
Greetings, U++ folks!

I've just built upp-x11-src-5418.tar.gz on Tiny Core Linux. Unfortunately, it is unusable, since menus did not seem to work in TheIDE.

However, after reducing the window size, I found that the menus seem to be drawn behind the main window. This affects pop-up menus (with right mouse click) and the normal menus from the menu bar. See also the screenshot (note that the artefact at the bottom is unrelated to the menu bug in TheIDE).

I am still new to Linux. Could I have done anything wrong when building? I also noticed the same behaviour earlier with 5406, which was my first try. However, with that latter one, there were some dependencies missing that I had to install after the make process failed, and so it was essentially a piecewise build process and I thought that that might have caused the misbehaviour. For 5418 though, I had installed that missing dependencies that I remembered prior to building and it worked without interruption. So now I think it could be a bug.
Re: [Bug] Menus in TheIDE not drawn properly [message #37485 is a reply to message #37468] Wed, 10 October 2012 22:08 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
temp565 wrote on Tue, 09 October 2012 19:00

I am still new to Linux. Could I have done anything wrong when building?

Rather something wrong when choosing distro Smile

Well, the thing with Linux is that it is using a variety of windows managers, each with its own set of implementation specifics and bugs. Add to that somewhat ambiguous documentation of X11 and sometimes the result is menu behind the window...

At this point all we can do is to make sure that U++ works on major distros... So my position is that if it works fine with Ubuntu, it is Tiny Core Linux bug (until they point us out what we are doing wrong).
Previous Topic: [BUG] Latest umk doesn't work properly
Next Topic: Bug: String and others composite types are evaluated as "<void>" in debugger
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:41:39 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01396 seconds