Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TabCtrl » Why not drop ParentCtrl pane and add Ctrls directly to TabBarCtrl?
Why not drop ParentCtrl pane and add Ctrls directly to TabBarCtrl? [message #37597] Tue, 23 October 2012 22:45 Go to next message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
Is there a special reason for having a separate pane in TabBarCtrl? to group them? To only modify pane Rect on Layout()?

I modified my TabBarCtrl implementation and it seems to work..
i do SetRect(GetClientArea()) to all Ctrls in ctrls..

Am I forgetting sth?

The point behind it: make TabBar simpler in hierarchy, maybe even having manage adding/removing to/from ctrls in the ChildAdded() / ChildRemoved()?

EDIT: attached the patch file to show what i'm talking about

[Updated on: Tue, 23 October 2012 23:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Why not drop ParentCtrl pane and add Ctrls directly to TabBarCtrl? [message #37697 is a reply to message #37597] Sun, 04 November 2012 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, it looks like you have replaced one line of code with about 15 lines. Does not look like a big improvement to me Wink

Mirek
Re: Why not drop ParentCtrl pane and add Ctrls directly to TabBarCtrl? [message #37705 is a reply to message #37697] Sun, 04 November 2012 16:37 Go to previous message
kohait00 is currently offline  kohait00
Experienced Contributor
well, your're right...
but it's also about structure...
it's a hierarchy level less in depth..

tabs are direct children and can be recurred without knowing about internal protected pane structure.. (that was the case that brought me to this change).

in my eyes it's an improvement, because straight forward, even though there are some more lines..
Previous Topic: A few questions regarding TabCtrl
Next Topic: Tabctrl and RightDown.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:33:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00999 seconds