Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Connecting to PostgreSQL DB without reference file
Connecting to PostgreSQL DB without reference file [message #38311] Sun, 09 December 2012 20:41 Go to next message
DOTMPP is currently offline  DOTMPP
Hi, I can connect to the test PostgreSQL DB using the reference package, but I don't know how to do it on my own using my own DB.

For example,

Quote:

protected:
PostgreSQLSession m_session;

I have no idea what type this is. I tried including all the things the reference file includes, but it still doesn't work.

It gives me "20 unresolved externals" error.

Quote:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall Upp::SqlSession::~SqlSession(void)" (??1SqlSession@Up
p@@UAE>@XZ) referenced in function __unwindfunclet$??0PostgreSQLSession@Upp@@QAE>@XZ$0
DataBaseConnection.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: __thiscall Upp::SqlSession::SqlSession(void)" (??0SqlSession@Upp@@QAE>@XZ
) referenced in function "public: __thiscall Upp::PostgreSQLSession::PostgreSQLSession(void)" (??0PostgreSQLSession@Upp@@QAE>@XZ)
DataBaseConnection.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "protected: virtual class Upp::SqlConnection * __thiscall Upp::PostgreSQLSession:
:CreateConnection(void)" (?CreateConnection@PostgreSQLSession>@Upp@@MAEPAVSqlConnection>@2>@XZ)
DataBaseConnection.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall Upp::PostgreSQLSession::Begin(void)" (?Begin@Pos
tgreSQLSession@Upp@@UAEXXZ)

etc...

[Updated on: Sun, 09 December 2012 20:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Connecting to PostgreSQL DB without reference file [message #38314 is a reply to message #38311] Sun, 09 December 2012 21:38 Go to previous message
DOTMPP is currently offline  DOTMPP
I think I figured it out. I wasn't used to the packaging nature of U++ and it looks like I had to include the entire postgres package, not just #include. Am I correct?

edit: Now my queries aren't executing...

I tried initiating it as SQL = (the PostgreSQLSession object);

edit2:

I FIGURED IT OUT. My DB table names were a mix of lowercase and uppercase letters, and the SQL only recognizes lowercase table names.

My god. Embarassed

edit3: Do the variable names have to be all lowercase too?!!?!???!?!??!

[Updated on: Mon, 10 December 2012 01:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Convert M$VC console app to U++
Next Topic: Many Widget Factories one class
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 06 22:38:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02334 seconds