Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Is EasyHook or any other hooking library supported by U++ ?  () 1 Vote
icon5.gif  Is EasyHook or any other hooking library supported by U++ ? [message #38708] Tue, 08 January 2013 11:49 Go to next message
smartytwiti is currently offline  smartytwiti
We making a security software and we plan to use some Hooking library like EasyHook or perhaps some commercial one...
those libs are supported with VC++ and other IDE but we want to use U++ only to improve productivity.

Is it supported by U++ ?
There is any one has done some Hooking task using U++?
There is a native library built on U++?

PS: I'm newer to U++ and this is my first thread.
Re: Is EasyHook or any other hooking library supported by U++ ? [message #38709 is a reply to message #38708] Tue, 08 January 2013 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

smartytwiti wrote on Tue, 08 January 2013 11:49

We making a security software and we plan to use some Hooking library like EasyHook or perhaps some commercial one...
those libs are supported with VC++ and other IDE but we want to use U++ only to improve productivity.

Is it supported by U++ ?
There is any one has done some Hooking task using U++?
There is a native library built on U++?

PS: I'm newer to U++ and this is my first thread.

Hi smartytwiti

Welcome to the forum Cool

I'm not a windows programmer, but from the quick glance at the EasyHook webpage, it seems that there should be no problem using it. It is just a bunch of DLLs and a header file, so it should work just as any other library, right?

I'm not aware about anyone using this, actually I never even heard of it Smile However, I'm quite curious, could you please explain in few words what it is good for? There are chances that other ways to do the same things in more portable manner exist with U++ Wink

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Is EasyHook or any other hooking library supported by U++ ? [message #38710 is a reply to message #38709] Tue, 08 January 2013 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for reply Very Happy
Well, EasyHook or any hook library its make hooking on windows much easier than ever,
Hooking API on windows is used by Antivirus to debug, view API call, Virtualize and Sandbox any running application.
When your application for example create a file(txt,exe...) its make a call to CreateFileW function on Windows kernel, so from that you can Hook this call Override itby returning INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE and execute your own function that's show "access denied " and in this way how works AV software..

It is just a bunch of DLLs and a header file, so it should work just as any other library
Glad to hear that, but when i make a tour on U++ i have seen some guys looking to how to add DLL to their project and have some issues with that..
In addition i have found this, but i can't get a clean way to iclude DLL file..
I don't know what's this DLi.. could anyone explain to me please?
Re: Is EasyHook or any other hooking library supported by U++ ? [message #38712 is a reply to message #38710] Tue, 08 January 2013 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zsolt is currently offline  zsolt
Contributor
.dli is just a way to simplify runtime loading and using dlls.
It is useful if you want to write a program, that loads libraries runtime. E.g. you want your program to work with several versions of a dll, but also without it.

See this link:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$Core$DLI$en-us.html

[Updated on: Wed, 09 January 2013 00:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Is EasyHook or any other hooking library supported by U++ ? [message #38720 is a reply to message #38712] Wed, 09 January 2013 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello smartytwiti

Do not worry about DLL calls in Windows. They are ultra easy to be used. Just some ways:
- If you have the adecuate .lib file you can include them in the linking process
- You can use U++ DLI files.
- If you want low level direct control, you can call them directly. Here is the code of class Dl in U++/Bazaar/Functions4U library:

class Dl {
public:
	Dl::Dl() {
		hinstLib = 0;
	}
	Dl::~Dl() {
		if (hinstLib) 
			if (FreeLibrary(hinstLib) == 0)
				throw Exc(t_("Dl cannot be released"));
	}
	bool Dl::Load(const String &fileDll) {
		if (hinstLib) 
			if (FreeLibrary(hinstLib) == 0)
				return false;

hinstLib = LoadLibraryEx(TEXT(fileDll), NULL, LOAD_IGNORE_CODE_AUTHZ_LEVEL);
		if (!hinstLib) 
			return false;
		return true;
	}
	void *Dl::GetFunction(const String &functionName) {
		if (!hinstLib) 
			return NULL;
		return (void *)GetProcAddress(hinstLib, functionName);
	}
private:
	HINSTANCE hinstLib;	
};

With Load() you open the DLL file and with GetFunction() you get the pointer to the function

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Is EasyHook or any other hooking library supported by U++ ? [message #38722 is a reply to message #38720] Wed, 09 January 2013 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
@koldo:+1 your answer helped me!
My regards.
Re: Is EasyHook or any other hooking library supported by U++ ? [message #38725 is a reply to message #38722] Wed, 09 January 2013 15:50 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Of course this is low level and not adequate for importing lots of functions but it always works Smile.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: File Operation
Next Topic: SetOrderBy ABS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:12:12 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01151 seconds