Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Menus&Toolbars » [Minor fix - Linux] Insufficient value for the variable leftgap in MenuBar CH_STYLE.
[Minor fix - Linux] Insufficient value for the variable leftgap in MenuBar CH_STYLE. [message #38940] Mon, 28 January 2013 16:44 Go to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello

In my opinion default MenuBar value of leftgap is too low. It should be around 24 not 16 pixeles as it is now. Where you can find this initialization? Go to CtrlLib, next MenuBar.cpp, at the end find the line number 46.

I have attached demonstration screenshots with leftgap value on level 16 and 24 pixels. (.zip file - 3 screenshots). Note the adhesion of white outline image when the one of menu bar possition is active.

P.S.
I have noticed the same problem on Windows XP.

Sincerely,
Klugier

• Attachment: BarImages.rar
    (Size: 25.04KB, Downloaded 300 times)

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: [Minor fix - Linux] Insufficient value for the variable leftgap in MenuBar CH_STYLE. [message #39214 is a reply to message #38940] Thu, 28 February 2013 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I was looking OK in my current Mint skin, but I have increased the value to 20 (afraid that more might make it look bad in some themes).

Mirek
Re: [Minor fix - Linux] Insufficient value for the variable leftgap in MenuBar CH_STYLE. [message #39257 is a reply to message #39214] Wed, 06 March 2013 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

It was looking good on yours Mint skin, because it used gtk-backend (Even if we set leftgap to 100, we will not see difference on gtk-backend). This value only determinates X11-backend gap (I have made several tests).

Personally, I think that 26 is optimal value for X11 backend, but 20 is definitely too low. If you have time You can make test without and with gtk-backend.

Sincerely,
Klugier

Re: [Minor fix - Linux] Insufficient value for the variable leftgap in MenuBar CH_STYLE. [message #39259 is a reply to message #39257] Wed, 06 March 2013 18:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Ah, now I can see what you have in mind: NOGTK mode.

OK, fixed (it is now 24).
Re: [Minor fix - Linux] Insufficient value for the variable leftgap in MenuBar CH_STYLE. [message #40179 is a reply to message #39259] Fri, 28 June 2013 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

I think we should extend this value to 26. It is the default constant for gtk backend and it should totally eliminated menu bar images artifacts on pure X11, Wine and old Windows such as XP.

[CtrlLib > MenuBar.cpp > Line 46]
leftgap = 26;

**Gtk backend
[CtrlLib > ChGtk.cpp > Line 573]
s.leftgap = 26;

** - working code

Sincerely,
Klugier

Re: [Minor fix - Linux] Insufficient value for the variable leftgap in MenuBar CH_STYLE. [message #40579 is a reply to message #40179] Sun, 18 August 2013 16:09 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
Done.

Mirek
Previous Topic: [Bug] Check box + sub-menu = problem
Next Topic: Bold menu items [FEATURE REQUEST]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:14:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00961 seconds