Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » syntex highlighting upp-svn source files.
syntex highlighting upp-svn source files. [message #39031] Fri, 08 February 2013 02:53 Go to next message
navi is currently offline  navi
Experienced Member
Hi all,

Just wanted to share with upp community something I whip up for myself for reading source code from U++ SVN Mirror at google-codes. I spent more time reading U++ source file then writing my own code. Google-codes serves those source files as plain text. Most browsers renders them as normal text file. some more ugly ways then others. For instance safari iOS takes it upon itself to add unwanted line-wraps for you. This breaks the original files indentation formatting. Reading unhighlighted code is a pain as it is, added unwanted line-wraps makes it worse. So, using few lines of php and the prettify library from google-codes I whip up this http://www.findnear.info/uppdn/ for myself.

example: Prettyfied U++ LineEdit.cpp source code file and Original U++ LineEdit.cpp source code file

regards
navi

[Updated on: Mon, 22 September 2014 14:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: syntex highlighting upp-svn source files. [message #39032 is a reply to message #39031] Fri, 08 February 2013 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Navi

Have you created an online U++ source prettifier Smile

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: syntex highlighting upp-svn source files. [message #39033 is a reply to message #39032] Fri, 08 February 2013 10:47 Go to previous message
navi is currently offline  navi
Experienced Member
koldo wrote on Fri, 08 February 2013 10:18
Hello Navi

Have you created an online U++ source prettifier Smile

No I didn't write the syntex prettyfier myself. I just wrote a php script that fetches upp svn from google-code and attached the js library to upp source file and serves it as html file. Your browser & prettyfier js lib does all the work. Smile I customized the prettyfier css to suit my test.

I even made a generic version for applying highlighter on any other source code from any given url. Try this example and read a piece of notepad++ source code from their svn. But for upp I made this (http://www.findnear.info/uppdn/) dedicated page.

Regards
Navi

[Updated on: Mon, 22 September 2014 14:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Probably one of the best features of U++ is size
Next Topic: OpenCV
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:50:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01080 seconds