Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Some features I would like to see in theIde
Some features I would like to see in theIde [message #39534] Tue, 26 March 2013 12:49 Go to next message
Alboni is currently offline  Alboni
Experienced Member
1) When I hover over a symbol It would show the definition of that symbol. When debugging it would also show the value.
2) When rightclicking a symbol there would be a menu that has options like: Go to definition, opening the relevant file where necessary.
3) When rightclicking an #include it would give the option of opening the included file.
Re: Some features I would like to see in theIde [message #39535 is a reply to message #39534] Tue, 26 March 2013 13:23 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Alboni wrote on Tue, 26 March 2013 12:49

1) When I hover over a symbol It would show the definition of that symbol. When debugging it would also show the value.
The first part would be probably quite simple to implement, however the solution to the point 2) bellow fully satisfies my needs. When I need to see some definition, I just press Alt+J, see the definition and then Alt+Left to return back to original place. The only slight disadvantage is that it opens one more file. The part about debugging would be nice, but probably bit harder to implement. Especially for symbols with very long contents it might be cumbersome if not useless...

Alboni wrote on Tue, 26 March 2013 12:49

2) When rightclicking a symbol there would be a menu that has options like: Go to definition, opening the relevant file where necessary.
3) When rightclicking an #include it would give the option of opening the included file.
Both can be done by placing cursor on the relevant place and pressing Alt+J Wink It also does some more interesting jumps, e.g. between matching brackets.

Best regards,
Honza
Previous Topic: dbghelp.dll and debugger on XP
Next Topic: Why is PdfDraw suddenly a required package?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:47:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03235 seconds