Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » g++-4.8 with lto
g++-4.8 with lto [message #39773] Thu, 25 April 2013 14:34
piotr5 is currently offline  piotr5
Experienced Member
sadly there is no possibility to define the name for the archiver, ar is the default. so I added the bin-dir of gcc to the path, and created a symlink from gcc-ar to ar, and it works! well, I tested only Core for now...

so, install gcc-4.8.0 in parallel to whatever you use otherwise, set the right lib-dir and include-dir, and path, and for release add " -flto -fno-fat-lto-objects" to your speed, size and link options (not for debug)...

for good measure I also added -fuse-linker-plugin to the link flags. and in the main-program I added -fwhole-program to the package compiler-flags and link-flags. and remember to add whatever optimization flags to your linker...

update:
Quote:

ide: 46 file(s) built in (2:06.68), 2754 msecs / file, duration = 597659 msecs, parallelization 100%
Linking...
String.o (symbol from plugin): warning: memset used with constant zero length parameter; this could be due to transposed parameters
/home/p/upp/_out/uppsrc/GCC-4.8.Gtk.Gui.Shared/ide (7382048 B) linked in (26:19.14)

OK. (81:33.44)

4 cores, 2 intel cpu, on my netbook. I guess in the last step of linking I should have told g++ to perform the optimizations in multithreaded mode...

nope, sorry, doesn't work: clicking on some text in the editor positions the cursor in the first 4 rows, and with the keyboard one can't navigate either. guess I need to try again without -O3...

[Updated on: Thu, 25 April 2013 21:18]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: what is "fixed flags" for?
Next Topic: linker problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:53:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00982 seconds