FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » ProtectEncrypt and MySQL
ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39838] Sun, 05 May 2013 18:01 Go to next message
idkfa46 is currently offline  idkfa46
Experienced Member
Hi,
I tryed to compile the Protect package from bazaar. Compiling it I got ad error because i need MySQL so i download and set it up following this guide from website:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$MySql$NativeMySql$ro-ro.htm l

-I add the MySQL server installation paths into the three tabs in Build methods
-I set the ".MYSQLDLL" build flag.

At the moment I'm on windows with:
-UPP versione 6031
-MSC9
-MySQL 5.5 and 5.6 (I tryed both versions)

When I compile the ProtectEncrypt package i receive the following error:

----- ProtectEncrypt ( MYSQLDLL MAIN MSC9 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (9 / 9)
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: impossibile aprire il file 'debug\libmysql.lib'

There were errors. (0:00.09)

I checked on "MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\lib\debug\" and libmysql.lib file isn't there.
I have found it in "MySQL\MySQL Server 5.5\lib\" so I tryed to copy and replace it in the right subfolder. Compiling it again the Ide give me the new error:

----- ProtectEncrypt ( MYSQLDLL MAIN MSC9 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (9 / 9)
Linking...
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_set_character_set@8 non risolto nella funzione
	 "private: bool __thiscall Upp::MySqlSession::DoConnect(void)" (?DoConnect@MySqlSession@Upp@@AAE_NXZ)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_real_connect@32 non risolto nella funzione "pr
	ivate: bool __thiscall Upp::MySqlSession::DoConnect(void)" (?DoConnect@MySqlSession@Upp@@AAE_NXZ)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_init@4 non risolto nella funzione "private: bo
	ol __thiscall Upp::MySqlSession::DoConnect(void)" (?DoConnect@MySqlSession@Upp@@AAE_NXZ)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_close@4 non risolto nella funzione "public: vo
	id __thiscall Upp::MySqlSession::Close(void)" (?Close@MySqlSession@Upp@@QAEXXZ)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_error@4 non risolto nella funzione "private: b
	ool __thiscall Upp::MySqlSession::MysqlQuery(char const *)" (?MysqlQuery@MySqlSession@Upp@@AAE_NPBD@Z)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_errno@4 non risolto nella funzione "private: b
	ool __thiscall Upp::MySqlSession::MysqlQuery(char const *)" (?MysqlQuery@MySqlSession@Upp@@AAE_NPBD@Z)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_query@8 non risolto nella funzione "private: b
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_real_escape_string@16 non risolto nella funzio
	ne "private: class Upp::String __thiscall Upp::MySqlConnection::EscapeString(class Upp::String const &)" (?Esca
	peString@MySqlConnection@Upp@@AAE?AVString@2@ABV32@@Z)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_insert_id@4 non risolto nella funzione "protec
	ted: virtual bool __thiscall Upp::MySqlConnection::Execute(void)" (?Execute@MySqlConnection@Upp@@MAE_NXZ)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_fetch_field_direct@8 non risolto nella funzion
	e "protected: virtual bool __thiscall Upp::MySqlConnection::Execute(void)" (?Execute@MySqlConnection@Upp@@MAE_N
	XZ)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_num_fields@4 non risolto nella funzione "prote
	cted: virtual bool __thiscall Upp::MySqlConnection::Execute(void)" (?Execute@MySqlConnection@Upp@@MAE_NXZ)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_affected_rows@4 non risolto nella funzione "pr
	otected: virtual bool __thiscall Upp::MySqlConnection::Execute(void)" (?Execute@MySqlConnection@Upp@@MAE_NXZ)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_store_result@4 non risolto nella funzione "pro
	tected: virtual bool __thiscall Upp::MySqlConnection::Execute(void)" (?Execute@MySqlConnection@Upp@@MAE_NXZ)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_fetch_lengths@4 non risolto nella funzione "pr
	otected: virtual bool __thiscall Upp::MySqlConnection::Fetch(void)" (?Fetch@MySqlConnection@Upp@@MAE_NXZ)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_fetch_row@4 non risolto nella funzione "protec
	ted: virtual bool __thiscall Upp::MySqlConnection::Fetch(void)" (?Fetch@MySqlConnection@Upp@@MAE_NXZ)
MySql.obj : error LNK2019: riferimento al simbolo esterno _mysql_free_result@4 non risolto nella funzione "priv
	ate: void __thiscall Upp::MySqlConnection::FreeResult(void)" (?FreeResult@MySqlConnection@Upp@@AAEXXZ)
C:\upp\out\bazaar\MSC9.Debug.Debug_Full.Mysqldll\ProtectEncrypt.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 16 esterni non risol
	ti

There were errors. (0:00.46)

How can I solve it?

Thanks,
Matteo
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39841 is a reply to message #39838] Sun, 05 May 2013 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Matteo

I do not have MySQL so I compile the project with the USE_SQLITE flag.

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39842 is a reply to message #39841] Sun, 05 May 2013 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BioBytes is currently offline  BioBytes
Hi Matteo,

THe problem comes from the linker that cannot find the path to the debug version of libmysql.lib. Normally your MySql server installation should include 2 folders (debug and opt) in the lib directory.

I use MySql Sever 5.5 and I have no problem to use MySql in my applications following the instructions given in Native connection topic.

Let me know if you have still the problem

Regards
Biobytes
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39843 is a reply to message #39838] Sun, 05 May 2013 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
With the USE_SQLITE flag I can compile it.

I checked again MySQL/.../lib/ folder but there isn't the opt/ subfolder inside.
Can I manually add it ?

index.php?t=getfile&id=4170&private=0

Regards,
Matteo

There are problems/limitations using the USE_SQLITE flag ?!
  • Attachment: Cattura.PNG
    (Size: 13.92KB, Downloaded 644 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 05 May 2013 19:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39850 is a reply to message #39843] Mon, 06 May 2013 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matteo,

Sorry for late reply. Please find hereafter a screenshot showing MySql Server 5.5 installation on my computer

index.php?t=getfile&id=4173&private=0

I think you could add the debug and opt directory but you need debug versions of libmysql.dll and libmysql.lib

Let me know farther if your problem is solved.

I have not yet experience with Sqlite.

Regards

Biobytes

• Attachment: MySql-Ins.jpg
    (Size: 83.85KB, Downloaded 614 times)
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39861 is a reply to message #39850] Tue, 07 May 2013 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
could u upload me ur lib folder?

Thanks,
Matteo
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39864 is a reply to message #39861] Tue, 07 May 2013 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matteo,

The lib folder even compressed (7zip archive)is too huge to be uploaded (close to 3Mo) Crying or Very Sad

Let me know an e-mail address to sent it

Regards

Biobytes

[Updated on: Tue, 07 May 2013 21:09]

Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39896 is a reply to message #39838] Thu, 09 May 2013 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

hi BioBytes,
here is my email : matteo@matteomosconi.com

thanks,
Matteo
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39897 is a reply to message #39896] Thu, 09 May 2013 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

I just sent the file to your e-mail

Regards

Biobytes
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39900 is a reply to message #39838] Thu, 09 May 2013 22:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Well, atm this is my situation:

- using the USE_SQLITE flag I can correctly compile the ProtectEncrypt and the ProtectTest.

- using the .MYSQLDLL flag and the BioBytes's lib folder i can compile it only in optimal mode. In debug mode I receive the following error: "application can't find LIBMYSQL.dll..." and crash!

I checked in \lib\debug folder and libmysql.dll is there...
BioBytes, you can compile in debug mode too ?

Regards,
Matteo

Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39909 is a reply to message #39900] Fri, 10 May 2013 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matteo,

Protect Encrypt compiles correctly either in debug or optimal mode using MSC9.

I got errors for MySqlClient lib if I do not set the .MySqldll flag in "Project/Main package configuration(s)" IDE menu. See below: Very Happy

index.php?t=getfile&id=4185&private=0

The same setting must be done in order to compile correctly Protect Test (GUI version).

Hope this will help Smile

Let me know

Regards

Biobytes

[Updated on: Fri, 10 May 2013 21:35]

Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39918 is a reply to message #39838] Sat, 11 May 2013 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
here my screen:

index.php?t=getfile&id=4189&private=0

Like u can see, I'm on MSC9 with .MYSQLDLL flag but I have a System error... Crying or Very Sad

Regards,
Matteo
  • Attachment: Immagine.png
    (Size: 99.91KB, Downloaded 580 times)
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39924 is a reply to message #39918] Sat, 11 May 2013 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matteo,

It seems that the application cannot find path to the libmysql.dll lib. Try to copy libmysql.dll to your outpi ut directory where the exe file is built.

Regards

Biobytes
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39933 is a reply to message #39838] Sun, 12 May 2013 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
works... Crying or Very Sad
With dll in the output directory it's working in debug mode too Crying or Very Sad

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Regards,
Matteo
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39934 is a reply to message #39933] Sun, 12 May 2013 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice news,

If you do not wish to have the libmysql.dll in the out directory of your exe, you can try to copy the libmysql.dll file in c:\Windows or c:\Windows\System32 directories. It should work also.

Regards and happy coding Wink

Biobytes
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #39954 is a reply to message #39838] Wed, 15 May 2013 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thank you Bio

You rock!!!!

Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool Cool Laughing Cool Laughing Cool

Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #42072 is a reply to message #39838] Sat, 15 February 2014 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Bio,
formatting my pc i have lost libmysql.dll for debug mode.
Can u mail me back please? I'm not able to find the right versione on google...

matteo@matteomosconi.com
Matteo
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #42083 is a reply to message #39838] Mon, 17 February 2014 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Matteo,

Sorry for late reply due to hectic work in real life. I just posted the zip file to your personal email.

Let me know if any problem

Good programming Smile

Biobytes
Re: ProtectEncrypt and MySQL [message #42105 is a reply to message #39838] Wed, 19 February 2014 23:01 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Thank you Bio,
it's working fine Very Happy

Matteo
Previous Topic: Cannot install ultimatepp
Next Topic: Dynamic Libraries __declspec(dllexport)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:54:37 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01197 seconds