Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Is it possible to run external tools from the ide?
Is it possible to run external tools from the ide? [message #40056] Thu, 30 May 2013 06:12 Go to next message
rxantos is currently offline  rxantos
Specifically I seek to be able to run astyle on the current viewed source without needing to go to the command line to do it.

Something like:
- Run tool on the code being viewed.
- Automatically reload code if it succeeded.

How do I do this on the IDE?
Re: Is it possible to run external tools from the ide? [message #40057 is a reply to message #40056] Thu, 30 May 2013 07:19 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

rxantos wrote on Thu, 30 May 2013 06:12

Specifically I seek to be able to run astyle on the current viewed source without needing to go to the command line to do it.

Something like:
- Run tool on the code being viewed.
- Automatically reload code if it succeeded.

How do I do this on the IDE?

Hi rxantos,

First of all, astyle is already incorporated in TheIDE via plugin/astyle Smile You can set it up in Setup > Environment > Code Formatting. To apply the rules on currently open file just go to Edit > Advanced > Format code in editor.

If that for some reason isn't good enough, or if you decide to use some other tool later, the simplest way is to write a macro. It could be something as simple as
macro "Apply Astyle" Alt+Shift+A {
	ClearConsole();
	Execute("astyle --options " + FileName());
}

Just place the code in *.usc file in one of your packages (or into a package of it's own, so you can reuse it in multiple projects). You can find more examples and commented code on macro usage in the reference/Macro package.

Best regards,
Honza
Previous Topic: SOLVED dlg.lay problems
Next Topic: Linking error again
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 13:12:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.73340 seconds