Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Size of fonts in TheIDE
Size of fonts in TheIDE [message #40159] Tue, 25 June 2013 04:01 Go to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
Size of fonts, which can be set in Setup --> Environment --> Fonts, is not DPI-dependent. This creates problems when using TheIDE with laptops, which have high-resolution displays, and connecting them to regular external monitors.
In case of using of built-in display resolution is set to 120 DPI, and in case of using an external monitor resolution is usually set to 96 DPI. In this case fonts on external monitor look too big and should be changed each time notebook is connected to external monitor.
Fonts in menus and workspace are DPI-dependent and do not have such problem.

Can this be fixed?

TIA

Regards,
Novo

[Updated on: Thu, 01 August 2013 20:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Size of fonts in TheIDE [message #40249 is a reply to message #40159] Thu, 11 July 2013 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Well, all logic related to this stuff is in the FontSelectManager class (Setup.cpp). Unfortunately, I do not know how to fix this class. Simple change in
Font FontSelectManager::Get() {
	Font f(FontZ(face->GetData(), height->GetData())); <-- Added FontZ here.
	if(*bold) f.Bold();
	if(*italic) f.Italic();
	if(*naa) f.NonAntiAliased();
	return f;
}

fixes font size, but it doesn't work with serialization.
Your suggestions are welcome! Smile

TIA

Regards,
Novo

[Updated on: Thu, 01 August 2013 20:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Size of fonts in TheIDE [message #40442 is a reply to message #40159] Thu, 01 August 2013 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Well, I think it is too hard to change something in current design of TheIDE. Font size is serialized in pixels without taking zooming into account. This is how it is designed. On the other hand, using computer with different sets of displays requires more changes than just fixing font size.

It would be useful to allow TheIDE to use different configuration files via GUI or command line. That would solve all my problems. I'd make separate configuration file for each set of displays I'm working with.

TIA.

Regards,
Novo
Re: Size of fonts in TheIDE [message #40645 is a reply to message #40442] Sun, 25 August 2013 10:35 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Thu, 01 August 2013 14:36

Well, I think it is too hard to change something in current design of TheIDE. Font size is serialized in pixels without taking zooming into account. This is how it is designed. On the other hand, using computer with different sets of displays requires more changes than just fixing font size.

It would be useful to allow TheIDE to use different configuration files via GUI or command line. That would solve all my problems. I'd make separate configuration file for each set of displays I'm working with.

TIA.

Sounds reasonable. Will do that... (but for the time being, perhaps two separete theide folders would work as well...)

Mirek
Previous Topic: Feature request: code generation tool
Next Topic: BUG: theide editor-tabs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:35:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03220 seconds