Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Skylark and HTTPS
Skylark and HTTPS [message #40229] Sun, 07 July 2013 16:42 Go to next message
unknown user
Hello,

How would be possible to use Skylark over HTTPS? AFAIK there is no direct support in Skylark, should i use Apache or Nginx to get there (as proxy)? Would that imply some speed penalty, excepting that using https imply that?
Also another problem i'm facing with Skylark: one request take 3 to 10 ms to complete and the next one take 300ms. Do you know why this behavior?

Thanks,
Andrei
Re: Skylark and HTTPS [message #40235 is a reply to message #40229] Tue, 09 July 2013 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

andreincx wrote on Sun, 07 July 2013 16:42

Hello,

How would be possible to use Skylark over HTTPS? AFAIK there is no direct support in Skylark, should i use Apache or Nginx to get there (as proxy)? Would that imply some speed penalty, excepting that using https imply that?
Also another problem i'm facing with Skylark: one request take 3 to 10 ms to complete and the next one take 300ms. Do you know why this behavior?

Thanks,
Andrei

Hi Andrei,

I've been using nginx as a proxy for HTTP and didn't notice any speed penalty. Actually, when you use some advanced features of nginx (serving static files, compression, caching...) you can even get great speed improvements.

Regarding the other problem, it's hard to say without seeing the code. Did you configured enough workers (threads/prefork)?

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Skylark and HTTPS [message #40236 is a reply to message #40235] Tue, 09 July 2013 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
Hi Honza,

Thanks for information.

The problem with response time is with any example of Skylark. Try please to see Network tab from developer tools.

Thanks,
Andrei
Re: Skylark and HTTPS [message #40237 is a reply to message #40235] Tue, 09 July 2013 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
P.S.: I haven't touched the configuration. Run skylark with default config. (Debug or release, doesn't matter - results are the same)
Re: Skylark and HTTPS [message #40248 is a reply to message #40229] Wed, 10 July 2013 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Hm, weird... I tried with several of the examples, in both debug and release mode and I can't replicate the problem. I get stable 20-50 ms (I have slow computer Smile ), for all the requests. I'm on Linux, perhaps it might be platform dependent issue?

Honza
Re: Skylark and HTTPS [message #40253 is a reply to message #40248] Thu, 11 July 2013 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unknown user
Hello Honza,

Thanks for your support. I found that this happens only when i access it by hostname (localhost), when i use local or external ip it works properly.

Andrei
Re: Skylark and HTTPS [message #40255 is a reply to message #40253] Fri, 12 July 2013 09:47 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

andreincx wrote on Thu, 11 July 2013 19:46

Hello Honza,

Thanks for your support. I found that this happens only when i access it by hostname (localhost), when i use local or external ip it works properly.

Andrei

That is an interesting observation. I tried all the examples only with localhost and it worked. It seems as if the problematic part was resolving the hostname.

Honza
Previous Topic: [Solved] SysInfo_Demo_Gui is where to find?
Next Topic: QTFStr
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:24:29 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02001 seconds