Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » how to use umk without theide?
how to use umk without theide? [message #40282] Mon, 15 July 2013 11:00 Go to next message
bonami is currently offline  bonami
Experienced Member
(I want to upload my code to launchpad and let it compile my upp project.)
I installed the whole upp pack on my Ubuntu. (I do not remember the package I used.)
Then I tried
umk MyApps app GCC -brv +GUI,SHARED ~/.upp/_out

But it complained
Quote:

fatal error: Web/Web.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
g++ -c -I"/home/me/MyApps" -I"/home/me/upp/uppsrc" -I"/usr/include/freetype2" -I"/usr/include/gtk-2.0" -I"/usr/include/glib-2.0" -I"/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include" -I"/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include" -I"/usr/include/cairo" -I"/usr/include/pango-1.0" -I"/usr/include/atk-1.0" -I"/usr/include/gdk-pixbuf-2.0" -I"/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include" -I"/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/include" -I"/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/include" -I"/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gtk-2.0/include" -I"/usr/include/gtk-3.0/gdk" -DflagGUI -DflagSHARED -DflagMAIN -DflagGCC -DflagBLITZ -DflagLINUX -DflagPOSIX -DbmYEAR=2013 -DbmMONTH=7 -DbmDAY=15 -DbmHOUR=15 -DbmMINUTE=22 -DbmSECOND=15 -DULTIMATEPP -fexceptions -Os -finline-limit=20 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections "/home/me/.upp/_out/app/GCC.Blitz.Gui.Main.Shared/$blitz.cpp " -o "/home/me/.upp/_out/me/GCC.Blitz.Gui.Main.Shared/$blitz.o"

I guess if I run theide for the first time, it will ask to copy files to ~/upp/uppsrc. But a launchpad server will not do that and umk should not rely on that.

EDIT: Changed code -> quote, to allow breaking the long commandline.

[Updated on: Mon, 15 July 2013 14:01] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to use umk without theide? [message #40283 is a reply to message #40282] Mon, 15 July 2013 13:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi bonami,

bonami wrote on Mon, 15 July 2013 11:00

fatal error: Web/Web.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

First of all: Is your package using Web package? It is deprecated for quite some time.

Have a look at umk docs. You can now specify the paths to sources instead of assembly name, e.g.
umk /home/bonami/MyApps,/path/to/uppsrc app GCC -brv +GUI,SHARED ~/.upp/_out

BTW: Launchpad will by default have no umk to begin with Smile If you want to use it this way, you will have to add it by setting PPA dependency on dolik-rce/upp (or dolik-rce/upp-nightly).

Best regards,
Honza
Re: how to use umk without theide? [message #40463 is a reply to message #40283] Mon, 05 August 2013 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bonami is currently offline  bonami
Experienced Member
I now have difficulty writing debian/rules for my package.
I just learnt to create debian packages for autotool-generated projects.
Are there any guides for this please?
Re: how to use umk without theide? [message #40465 is a reply to message #40463] Mon, 05 August 2013 12:26 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

bonami wrote on Mon, 05 August 2013 10:47

I now have difficulty writing debian/rules for my package.
I just learnt to create debian packages for autotool-generated projects.
Are there any guides for this please?

IMHO the best source of information is Debian Policy Manual. It is very extensive and contains all the information you might need Smile

There is many different ways to do the things when it comes to debian packaging, so it is hard tell what is best for you. I personally prefer to use Makefile with common targets (build, install, clean) and minimallistic debian/rules:
#!/usr/bin/make -f
%:
     dh $@

Honza
Previous Topic: The SoundExample can not recording sounds on WINDOWS
Next Topic: umk cannot be used for *.* named directories
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:46:30 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01637 seconds