Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [IMPROVEMENT - FEATURE] High resolution TheIDE icon.
[IMPROVEMENT - FEATURE] High resolution TheIDE icon. [message #40403] Tue, 30 July 2013 20:11 Go to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Personally, I think that TheDE icon should have bigger resolution. It is very important because current icon presents bad on several desktop environments such as Unity (Ubuntu).

I have found partial solution consisting of changing IdeImg::Package to IdeImg::PackageLarge() (ide/ide.cpp - line 750):
default: Icon(IdeImg::PackageLarge());

And alsow (ide/SelectPkg.cpp - line 14):

Icon(IdeImg::PackageLarge(), IdeImg::PackageLarge());

For the other hand, this patch is incomplete because we need three new high resolution icons: IconDebuggingLarge, IconRunningLarge and IconBuildingLarge;

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: [IMPROVEMENT - FEATURE] High resolution TheIDE icon. [message #40405 is a reply to message #40403] Tue, 30 July 2013 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nlneilson is currently offline  nlneilson
Contributor
It would be good on this website to have the Icon for sections of the forum that do not have any new posts to just have the outline.

On different screens and lighting conditions it is hard to see the difference.
Re: [IMPROVEMENT - FEATURE] High resolution TheIDE icon. [message #40644 is a reply to message #40403] Sun, 25 August 2013 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
OK...

Mirek
Re: [IMPROVEMENT - FEATURE] High resolution TheIDE icon. [message #40651 is a reply to message #40644] Mon, 26 August 2013 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

I scaled other IDE icons (debuging, runing and building) using nearest algorithm. After that, I made little corrections and added them into ide.iml file.

I enclosed patched source files (ide/ide.cpp & ide/ide.iml). Now, TheIDE icons should look nice on Ubuntu and KDE.

Sincerely,
Klugier
  • Attachment: ide.cpp
    (Size: 17.34KB, Downloaded 216 times)

Re: [IMPROVEMENT - FEATURE] High resolution TheIDE icon. [message #40652 is a reply to message #40651] Mon, 26 August 2013 00:54 Go to previous message
Senior Contributor
* - ide.iml
  • Attachment: ide.iml
    (Size: 281.73KB, Downloaded 206 times)

Previous Topic: BUG: theide editor-tabs
Next Topic: [DEPRECATED IMPROVEMENT] TheIDE layouts improvement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:47:42 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01951 seconds