Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » [bug] Moved UI components on different systems
[bug] Moved UI components on different systems [message #40613] Fri, 23 August 2013 11:52 Go to next message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
Hello,

When distributing my application over different systems I encountered weird behavior on some. On a Windows 7 x64 machine of a friend the UI looks like this:

index.php?t=getfile&id=4294&private=0

I tried different positioning calls:

RightPos/LeftPos + BottomPos/TopPos;
HSizePos + BottomPos/TopPos.

I tried HSizePos on all controls because I noticed different behavior on controls that used it. But unfortunately changing all did not have the desired effect.

Why does the UI change like this over different systems? I think it is a rare occasion but what could be the cause of this problem?

Thanks, crydev
Re: [bug] Moved UI components on different systems [message #40614 is a reply to message #40613] Fri, 23 August 2013 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi crydev,

Various systems have various font and DPI settings. U++ tries to compensate for these differences if you use the "zoomed" positions e.g. LeftPosZ() etc. This can solve some problems, but in other cases it can cause problems of it's own.

Best regards,
Honza

PS: When using Layout designer the zoomed positions are used by default.

[Updated on: Fri, 23 August 2013 12:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [bug] Moved UI components on different systems [message #40624 is a reply to message #40613] Fri, 23 August 2013 20:33 Go to previous message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
That makes sense, going to change some of the controls to see whether it makes a difference!

Thanks for the answer Honza Smile
Previous Topic: [IMPROVEMENT] GTK and Win32 backends should emulate error icon.
Next Topic: [BUG & Patch] Printing under POSIX dosen't work.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:50:50 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02467 seconds