FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » OCE exit problem
OCE exit problem [message #40686] Mon, 02 September 2013 13:11 Go to next message
keltor is currently offline  keltor
Hello uppers,

I have been testing some old application that contains the nice OCE package provided by Max. I tried compiling it and it worked fine, but when I ran it, it crashed on exit. To my surprise, even the OCETest crashed on me when I close it.

I managed to get OCETest working only by compiling it under MSC9 or, to be more exact, using the Windows SDK package that U++ suggests to install when it is first run. My application closes fine too but only after substituting any Break() with exit().

I am a little afraid to do this change. Could it be a source of leaks? Has anybody else had any trouble/any solution?

Puzzled,

Kel
Re: OCE exit problem [message #41163 is a reply to message #40686] Thu, 07 November 2013 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi,

it's a long time I don't compile it, I don't know which OCE version did you get.... But I'm planning to do it soon.

One problem of OCC libraries it's their memory management bugs wich clashed with upp memory manager.
So, for now the best way is to disable it with a compilation flag.

Ciao

Max
Re: OCE exit problem [message #41772 is a reply to message #41163] Sat, 18 January 2014 10:23 Go to previous message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi Keltor,

OCC/OCE are changing license to LGPL, so static build is no more an option for me.... and for everyone which wants to build a closed source application.
So I'm trying to create a new package for dynamic building.
You could use the provided one, but it's annoying on windows, and requires cmake/nmake and a proper build system. And it builds some 60+ dlls....
Using pre-built libs is not an option for me, they're tied to a specific compiler version.
I was ready with linux single dll package, but it doesn't build on windows because of limit of 64K symbols on a single dll.

I'm thinking on a solution with just a couple of dlls, I'll post it when ready with updated demo.

Ciao

Max
Previous Topic: GraphCtrl/GraphDraw Candidat to bazaar upload
Next Topic: freeype package renamed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:48:52 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00997 seconds