Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [FEATURE REQUEST]Can we support more chart types?
[FEATURE REQUEST]Can we support more chart types? [message #40987] Fri, 18 October 2013 07:11 Go to next message
woielakp is currently offline  woielakp
Hello,
I'm working on the design of an algo-trading monitor,and I need a plotting library which can make financial charts( OHLC,candlestick [both static and dynamic plotting support] ) and statistical charts ( histogram charts ,etc ).
Bazzar/Scatter is not enough.
I've tried "ChartDirect" "PLPlot" before I meet U++,and I do not know how to make a wrapper of them with Upp::Ctrl.

So here comes 2 solutions:
1.Enrich Scatter (now maybe ScatterCtrl & ScatterPlot library) to support more chart types
2.Include external plotting libraries to Upp.

I'm looking forward to your advices.Thanks.
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Can we support more chart types? [message #40993 is a reply to message #40987] Fri, 18 October 2013 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello qsoft_cn

You may try ScatterCtrl package. There is an example here.

The documentation is here for ScatterCtrl and here for ScatterDraw. This one does the plots without a control, I mean, you can draw and print a chart in a printer or a .pdf without showing it on the screen.

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Can we support more chart types? [message #40994 is a reply to message #40993] Fri, 18 October 2013 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks£”£”I've not noticed the updated Docs.

I can use "custom graph types and mark" as the doc shows in the
"User graph" Section
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Can we support more chart types? [message #40996 is a reply to message #40994] Fri, 18 October 2013 17:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Yes you can define them like in ScatterCtrl_demo:

index.php?t=getfile&id=4331&private=0

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Can we support more chart types? [message #40998 is a reply to message #40996] Fri, 18 October 2013 20:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi qsoft,

There is also another graph package which has all the graphing possibilities of ScatterDraw since it uses it's series class.
GraphDraw & GrahCtrl (it is in svn sandbox : svn://www.ultimatepp.org/upp/sandbox )

The main difference is that GraphDraw end GraphCtrl are built to be enhanced:
  • add specific axis management ( drawing, scaling, PropertiesDlg... )
  • add custom data over the plot ( exlusion zones for example)
  • Legend can be moved around and re-sized on the graph
  • add specific legend ( whatever you wan't )
  • In general add any sort of 'element' to the graph

It also has some other capacities that ScatterCtrl does not have :
  • Undo/Redo
  • native support of any number of axis (with individual/global move/zoom/FitToData )
  • plot image is cashed ==> the purpose is to avoid redraw when not necessary (if you have several charts with huge data on several tabs for instance .... you will appreciate this feature
  • fast draw : works by doing decimation of the data ==> the global shape/distribution of the data is kipped when moving/zooming the plot

This means you can achieve virtually any chart you need

The main drawback are the following:
  • no documentation yet (I'recently started filling up the gap slowly)
  • Complex code for the moment ( this is du to the use of a long inheritance tree that uses CRTP : the aim of this is to postpone some decisions the latter possible and when all is OK ==> kick out what's not needed ... so great simplification )

The following example shows a basic example of exclusion zones
index.php?t=getfile&id=4333&private=0

[Updated on: Fri, 18 October 2013 20:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Can we support more chart types? [message #40999 is a reply to message #40998] Fri, 18 October 2013 20:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
Hello Didier

Your comparison is not fair and is not true in many areas. In my opinion it is enough to show the own features and drawbacks. But perhaps I am old fashioned.

However I do not want to open a new topic about this.

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Can we support more chart types? [message #41000 is a reply to message #40999] Fri, 18 October 2013 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi Koldo,

I'm sorry if I offended you, I really didn't wan't to do that and you're code is great : I use all you're series management as is.

I only added what I needed, and at the beginning, GraphCtrl was a fork of ScatterCtrl.

And like I said, my Ctrl is NOT DOCUMENTED and since assist++ has difficulties dealing with the complex hierarchy( du to the use of CRTP ) and macros ==> this makes it hard to use ==> so it is NOT PRODUCTION use

Anyway this is not a competition, I'm only triing to give my control some visibility since it's in sandbox ... and so, almost invisible
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Can we support more chart types? [message #41003 is a reply to message #40987] Sat, 19 October 2013 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Many thanks to both of you!!!
I'll have a try.
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Can we support more chart types? [message #41011 is a reply to message #41003] Sun, 20 October 2013 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Senior Veteran
qsoft_cn wrote on Sat, 19 October 2013 04:35

Many thanks to both of you!!!
I'll have a try.

Smile and as you can see we Didier and me will try our best if you need more features.

Best regards
IƱaki
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST]Can we support more chart types? [message #42423 is a reply to message #40987] Thu, 13 March 2014 07:31 Go to previous message
unknown user
Very interesting topic, hope more update packages be published to rival more chart types like what I'd seen some abundant chart types from the UI chart control.
Previous Topic: Problem with encoding in Consol
Next Topic: [BUG] file update crashes theide
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:34:16 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01494 seconds