FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Problem with IMCENUMPROC
Problem with IMCENUMPROC [message #41182] Fri, 08 November 2013 20:20 Go to next message
NeilMonday is currently offline  NeilMonday
Promising Member
I think I am having trouble including Controls4U. I get the following error when building, and I have traced it to Controls4U.h. I cannot find anywhere that defines 'IMCENUMPROC'.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include\imm.h(159) : error C2062: type 'int' unexpected
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include\imm.h(357) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'IMCENUMPROC'

This is one way that the includes go all of the way to imm.h where the error is.

My code has:

#include <Controls4U/Controls4U.h>

which contains:
#if defined(PLATFORM_WIN32) 
#include "Controls4U/ActiveX.h"
#endif

which contains:
#include <Mshtml.h>

which contains:
#include "dimm.h"

which contains:
#include <imm.h>

which contains:
typedef BOOL    (CALLBACK* IMCENUMPROC)(HIMC, LPARAM);
BOOL WINAPI ImmEnumInputContext(DWORD idThread, IMCENUMPROC lpfn, LPARAM lParam);

Is there something I need to do to get this to build properly?

Thanks
Re: Problem with IMCENUMPROC [message #41188 is a reply to message #41182] Sat, 09 November 2013 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Neil

I cannot test your case properly because I imagine you use Visual C++ 2012 (I have 2010).

Could you test Controls4U_Demo before?

The error is not caused because IMCENUMPROC is not defined... it is defined in imm.h, line 159, in:

typedef BOOL    (CALLBACK* IMCENUMPROC)(HIMC, LPARAM);

I do not understand the reason of this error:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Include\imm.h(159) : error C2062: type 'int' unexpected

It seems that something in line 159 is declared before so compiler gets surprised.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Problem with IMCENUMPROC [message #41205 is a reply to message #41188] Tue, 12 November 2013 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Thanks for the reply koldo. I actually am using MSVC 2010. I have tested Controls4u on one of the example projects and it worked fine.

I see now that you are correct in that IMCENUMPROC is defined at line 159 of imm.h (I am not very familiar with function pointer typedef syntax). It looks like it must be some other name in line 159 is not defined?
Re: Problem with IMCENUMPROC [message #41209 is a reply to message #41182] Tue, 12 November 2013 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Update:
For now I have removed the Controls4U dependency and it works fine. Although this allows me to continue working, it obviously prevents me from using Controls4U in the future which is not ideal. I will still be watching this thread if anyone has more suggestions.
Re: Problem with IMCENUMPROC [message #41215 is a reply to message #41209] Wed, 13 November 2013 13:07 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Neil

It could be great if you could remove all unnecessary/private files and send a .zip with the project folder. This way I could check better the source of the problem.

If it is not possible, could you send me the #include file list that is before the Controls4U include?

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: Build debian package on Debian/kFreeBSD
Next Topic: Need Books
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:38:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01430 seconds