Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Creating a disasm control
Creating a disasm control [message #41283] Sun, 24 November 2013 22:25 Go to next message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
Hello,

I have a question, which can also be interpreted as a request for advice. I have to create a control that displays the disassembly of executable code. The first thing I thought of was a LineEdit, but I hesitate editing the paint method of my own derived class. It should look a bit like this:

http://roshans89.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/screenshot-3.png

The left column should contain the address, in the middle the byte values and the right column the actual disassembled op-codes.

The main issue for me is, I have no idea how the paint method containing ~150 lines of code works. My question is: what is a good approach to do this? My first intention was LineEdit, but I am open for other ideas.

Thanks a lot,
crydev
Re: Creating a disasm control [message #41286 is a reply to message #41283] Mon, 25 November 2013 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi crydev,

Have you looked at the assembly view in TheIDE? I believe it does pretty much the thing you need. Class DbgDisas in ide/Debuggers/Debuggers.h might be good place to start. You just can try to get it out of TheIDE, or get some inspiration from it...

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Creating a disasm control [message #41394 is a reply to message #41286] Wed, 11 December 2013 08:29 Go to previous message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
dolik.rce wrote on Mon, 25 November 2013 07:53

Hi crydev,

Have you looked at the assembly view in TheIDE? I believe it does pretty much the thing you need. Class DbgDisas in ide/Debuggers/Debuggers.h might be good place to start. You just can try to get it out of TheIDE, or get some inspiration from it...

Best regards,
Honza

Thanks Honza for your reply,

I checked this control, but it does not contain what I was actually looking for. I now use a ColumnList, which looks pretty good with disassembly in it.

However, what my actual problem is, is the fact that I don't know whether it is possible to fake scrolling of the control in a way that you would be able to dynamically scroll through the memory. I don't want to save entire executables in my memory. Smile
Previous Topic: Ctrl::ProcessEvent()
Next Topic: DropList / DropGrid
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:20:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01949 seconds